Thread: Stands For 120Ti

Stands For 120Ti

I'm in the process of purchasing some 120Ti speakers. Can anybody tell me the ideal height for stands and suggest any good deals out there? I've never heard the 120Ti, but I understand that they were pretty good. I had some nice L88s in the 70s and I have a couple of friends who still have their L100s. Thanks.

You want the mids and tweets at around ear level, so whatever stand accomplishes that. I recommend heavy steel stands, (not cheap), some can be filled with sand. I use a pair of these: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_051SFC18B/Sanus-SFC18-Center-Channel-Speaker-Stand-Black.html?search=speaker+stand
    for all my heavy old JBLs. The extra large platform will support a large cabinet and the stand is plenty beefy.

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    You want the mids and tweets at around ear level, so whatever stand accomplishes that. I recommend heavy steel stands, (not cheap), some can be filled with sand. I use a pair of these: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_051SFC18B/Sanus-SFC18-Center-Channel-Speaker-Stand-Black.html?search=speaker+stand
    for all my heavy old JBLs. The extra large platform will support a large cabinet and the stand is plenty beefy.
    OK. Thanks for the info. Back in the old days, I put my L88s on whatever was available, even bookshelves. Wasn't much of an audiophile then. But they sure sounded great!

Quote Originally Posted by audiomaniac View Post
    OK. Thanks for the info. Back in the old days, I put my L88s on whatever was available, even bookshelves. Wasn't much of an audiophile then. But they sure sounded great!
    Well, there's still nothing wrong with bricks and cinder blocks.

If you know a welder, you could prolly throw together something like those steel Janus stands for a bit less. All you'd need are some spikes, which can also be made. 2 plates and a couple pipes.

Thread Information