Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What kind of Cables are you using for your 4345s, or any type of Horn speakers ?

Well, I made banana jack panels on pieces of 3/8 birch board when I first opened the 4341s up - but I didn't think in terms of dual connectors so didn't use any specific dimension for jack placement. But maybe I should get some of those dual pair input plates like you have - or remake the rear panels I already have. I'll need to do something similar on the L200s as well - but - the amps have standard connectors spacing at least!

Yes - I bought 2 of the Walmart 40 footers - so I think 4 20" cables should cover my needs downstairs!

And thanks for the PE tip - I just ordered 5 of the dual terminal cups - 2 for the 4341s, and 3 for the L200s (including the eventual center one I'll set up)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I didn't realize what the black "teeth" were for either, especially since my 16 Neutriks came with only five of the "teeth" tossed in the bag.

But I knew Neutrik described them as having an "integrated strain relief" so I hunted the web for a photo that showed how it was supposed to fit and then it was quite obvious...and Markertek made good on the missing eleven pieces.

Trading kudos, I followed your lead and had some glass tops made for the 4345s today. Bronze tint seemed to be the right choice. The glass shop assured me the plastic-disc "pads" would not harm the wood. One less thing to worry about with these beasts that simply have to be used as furniture in my tiny room!

I managed to get by with my bi-amp wiring with one Wood's patio extension cord. How far apart are your 4341s??

With the custom CC crossovers now safely inside the 4345 cabinet, I'm using this input plate on the backs and run the dual-bananas on both ends of the Moonshine cables.

2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    I made banana jack panels on pieces of 3/8 birch board when I first opened the 4341s up - but I didn't think in terms of dual connectors so didn't use any specific dimension for jack placement. But maybe I should get some of those dual pair input plates like you have - or remake the rear panels I already have. I'll need to do something similar on the L200s as well - but - the amps have standard connectors spacing at least!
    I considered using just PE aluminum jack plates and selecting individual "5-way" binding posts but could never find out if the hole spacing was correct for dual-bananas since all they list for hole spacing is "30mm" which I assumed was 10mm too many! Plus the dual input cups with the binding posts already on them are cheaper than the aluminum plates even if you get the "gold-plated" versions.

". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I considered using just PE aluminum jack plates and selecting individual "5-way" binding posts but could never find out if the hole spacing was correct for dual-bananas since all they list for hole spacing is "30mm" which I assumed was 10mm too many! Plus the dual input cups with the binding posts already on them are cheaper than the aluminum plates even if you get the "gold-plated" versions.

I just ordered some stuff from PE for my B460 rebuild (pics and thread will be forthcoming) and they were out of stock on the 2-hole black plates. Sheesh.

Thread Information