I thought that I would continue the discusion on the topic. Sorry Widget . Everyone, or most, here know that charge coupled networks do work, the proof is in the pudding. The senior members her don't take to kindly to "JBL bagging" so please make sure that no one does. JBL spend quite a lot of cash on R&D so you can guarantee that when they introduce a new idea it will actually have merit. For all the members who are non beleivers I would recomend building a very simple CC network and do a listening test. I understand the technical aspects of the CC network and how it works in practice but there is one point that I dont understand at all. JBL compare how it works with Class A verse Class B amplifiers. For those that don't know, Class B crosses the "zero point" whereas in Class A the waveform is basically "pushed" away from the zero point by a fixed DC voltage. In this way the waveform never crosses the zero point so we get a purer sound. The bias viltage to get pure class A operation needs to be higher than the maximum peak input voltage though.
My question is this. If we apply a signal to our xover of say 40 volts, which for arguments sake is 200 watts into 8 ohms, how can a 9volt supply fully bias the main signal? Would it not need to be at least half of the peak to peak input voltage?
To my way of thinking a 9volt supply will only fully bias an 18volt peak to peak signal. Am I correct?

P.S. I know this is getting to be a very tired topic but I would like to know this final detail. So jump in.