Thread: Marantz 1200 Int. Amp and 10B Tuner

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marantz 1200 Int. Amp and 10B Tuner

Picked these up last Sunday. Long story and most of it is on another site. Basically, I got in late Saturday evening and took a look at CL. Saw a post for "Marantz Stereo—$50." Opened the post and read: Marantz 1200 amp and 105 tuner. Not working but may be good for someone who can do repairs. $50 or best offer. The ad was six hours old but I shot off an email and got a reply that they were still available. Replied that I would like to take a look. Reply with phone number and message to call Sunday came a few hours later. Got up Sunday. Did I really need more projects? What the heck called at 1:00pm and left a message. 3:00pm I got a return call. Seller told me he retested the tuner and it appeared to be working. So I said I would bring a DMM and test the amp. It was about an hour drive. The units were sitting on their sides by the front door. Both had wood cases. I knew those were worth $50+. He grabbed the amp and took it into the kitchen and plugged it in. Said, the power light didn't light so he didn't think amp was working. The DMM was flashing all different numbers. Oh well. He said that he decided to check the tuner at 2:00 am. Since it worked he changed the ad and I think took out the best offer. No prob, I gave him the $50. I carried the amp and he the tuner. As he put it into my car I thought, "that is awfully large for a 105." He directed me to a thrift where he saw some speakers. Took a look, Bozaks—$395, passed. By the time I got home it was dark. After some chores emptied the car. Couldn't believe how heavy the "105" was. Got out the magnifying glass and read, "Marantz 10B!" To make it short, both units work including the scope on the tuner. Amp needed a bulb and jumpers. Crappy pics. I'm preparing to go out of town so I won't be playing with them until after Thanksgiving.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information