Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sandpaper choice?

pair of 4311B's I did with Watco natural, and sold (for a pittance)

Hey, Brutal,

Very nice, indeed!! A lack of time has now intruded on my desire to get the 4411 cabinets up to snuff, and so this project will have a wait just a bit, as have many other fun projects I've wanted to complete! Hopefully, after Thanksgiving, work will settle down and I'll be able to get this one done, and start on a few others, too! Thanks, again, for sharing your great success with the Watco! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post
    pair of 4311B's I did with Watco natural, and sold (for a pittance)

Nice work, they look great!
    I understand about the "pittance" part of this. It's impossible to recover the time and cost when dealing with the Studio Monitors, IMO.

I'm still kicking myself over this.

They ended up going for about $35 over what I paid for them. All the time I put into them... painted the baffles and backs, new foam on the LE25-2's. I made $20 not including my time. Oh well, refinishing is therapeutic for me.

Worst part is I had a buyer off the CL ad willing to go the e-bay route and I missed his e-mail waiting for me to confirm the final price so I could end the auction to the high bidder (him.)

Some other flake that NEVER leaves feedback for sellers got em for $100 less.

I just have too many sets in the house right now, something had to give and I'm not particularly fond of the L100/4311 genre. The 4310's are staying for posterity's sake (plus I paid $200 for them and $189 for a pair of NOS 2105H to make them right.)

Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post
    I'm still kicking myself over this.

They ended up going for about $35 over what I paid for them. All the time I put into them... painted the baffles and backs, new foam on the LE25-2's. I made $20 not including my time. Oh well, refinishing is therapeutic for me.

Worst part is I had a buyer off the CL ad willing to go the e-bay route and I missed his e-mail waiting for me to confirm the final price so I could end the auction to the high bidder (him.)

Some other flake that NEVER leaves feedback for sellers got em for $100 less.

I just have too many sets in the house right now, something had to give and I'm not particularly fond of the L100/4311 genre. The 4310's are staying for posterity's sake (plus I paid $200 for them and $189 for a pair of NOS 2105H to make them right.)
    Understand, completely. If nothing else, you've probably made the pair more appreciable and at some time a user will cherish them and care for them as you did. Gotta' hope for that, I guess.
    I am thinking of selling the JBL 4313 Monitors I just refinished. Didn't think I'd ever sell them. They are just a really nice package for small rooms and nearfield. Alas, can't hand them down to the kids and I need the space so I will probably sell them, along with a couple of other pairs. I won't loose any money on them but certainly won't get paid for the time I have in them.

Thread Information