Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Subwoof loss :(

My thoughts are with you Mike. A sad loss. Mac

Oh Heavens!

Dear Mike,

Lisa and I are so sorry for your loss! I understand the wife/partner speaker thing that you shared with your bride, and can only add that the time spent together is the blessing of this life.

The only difference is that my wife actually helps me paint speakers black! Go figure.

I received the Christmas present you sent yesterday with all of the little giblet parts. Thank you for parts! They will be put to good use.

Lisa and I are willing to make a donation to your memorial/charity in her honor. I am sure that the rest of this forum will also. We are a diverse, eclectic group of individuals from corners of the globe that I have never considered, and that being said, are still joined by loving partners that accept and support this JBL habit. They know part numbers, T&S parameters, tuning port sizes and tunings because (collectively) we mumble them in our sleep while that lay awake from our snoring from old speaker fiber fill induced bronchitis.

I am not able to enjoy the audio business without a dedicated partner, and understand your statement regarding cashing in the whole lot. You have given so many of us a deeper understanding of the sound business and its benefits and practices, stripping and flipping and winning bar bets with moronic bartenders about whether you could fix a piece of gear on the bar during the gig with only a swizzle stick and bottle cap!

All of those heroic sound man duties pale in conparison to losing the love of your life. This is the one thing fix-it men cannot fix. It drives us mad.

Lisa and I send you our loving thoughts, prayers to a God of your understanding and our un-dying support to you and your family!

Please know that we love you and are willing to help in any way possible!

Sincerely,

Scott and Lisa Koeller.
    One step above: "Two Tin Cans and a String!"
    Longtime Alaskan Low-Fi Guy - E=MC² ±3db

My thoughts and prayers to your family

A very sad event which must be very difficult for your family and you to endure.

I think the love of your life would not have you abandon the your audio hobby of which she was a very big part of.

Give things time and I hope you come through this tragic event as best as you can.

Sadly, Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

A big big sorry for your lost, "Sub" from Sweden. I hope you stay tuned.

B regards Mats
    4345 diy, K2/Array diy Ht. TAD 4 way diy.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Wayne
    Share what you know, learn what you don't...

I'm so sorry to hear about that Mike.
    My thoughts are with you and I wish you strength to go through this.

Dear Mike,

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss.

Richard.

thank you for the kind words...

We are coping well here. My wife beat hodgekins stage 4B in 1980 when the doctors gave her 2 weeks.

She struggled, finished both undergrad degrees and went on with llfe. Got a dual MBA, speaker nut for a hubby and 2 wonderful daughters from Nepal. Nice house, 2 cats and a great job.

We found a massive brain tumor 2 years ago *today* and the doctors again gave her little chance of surviving the 12hr surgery let alone having a quality life afterwards. She was crunching stock numbers and doing spread sheets on wed night to get our so-called portfolio back on track. She made dinner that night and told the oldest to bring the car back home from college. With gas. I even got an ass pinch...

Then the stupid valve acted up when nobody could do anything about it and blink, it's over. So at the big memorial party ( NOT a funeral home somber gawk ) we are throwing we will put earth wind + fire into the big speakers and dance the night away...

sanna.serog.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

She's beautiful. And smart. You were lucky to have known her, and you'll always have her love to remind you how lucky you were.

Hope the girls are doing well.
    Out.

scorpio
    Sincere condolences from Belgium Sub,

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    She's beautiful. And smart. You were lucky to have known her, and you'll always have her love to remind you how lucky you were....
    Well said, Doug. Thanks for that beautiful quote.

Mike, I don't know how we can help, but at-the-least, we, those entrusted by Don, wish to donate on-behalf of the Forum at-large.

As well, others offer of help and Doug's posting reminded me that he's been singly instrumental in helping us raise and coordinate giving for other events here on the Forum. If he's inclined to help me again, we can initiate a special fundraising if you are in need. Please let is know. We will watch this space...

So very sad.

Sub, my sincere condolences. Bo, a great idea.
    Charles.

Very sorry to hear about your loss. I think I can understand as my wife just a few days ago had her third canser operation.

Don't know the outcome yet.

Best wishes from Norway.

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by subwoof View Post
    Very nice. Everyone should visit...

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec View Post
    Very nice. Everyone should visit...
    Second that. A great blog of the recent years.

Mike and I shared a special bond when LH forum first moved to this new format, some 5-yrs ago. We discovered we both worked the earliest days of our pro-audio careers in The Jabberwocky, a reknowned club beneath Kimmel Hall at Syracuse U. I started as patchguy in '72, and worked up to engineer. Our first console was an Altec with rotary "faders", into flown A7's. Memorable times.

For those interested in donating, there are suggested charities on the blog page:

-----
    Instead of flowers please consider contributing to a charity. Sanna & Mike’s favorite charities are:
    - the local food bank (Here are hits of a Google search for Ithaca area food banks. Alternatively, seek one in your local...)

- the SPCA (Here is the Ithaca area SPCA. Alternatively, seek one in your area...)

- Educate the Children fund, Ithaca/Kathmandu. Go to the "How to Help" pulldown...
    -----

Unless Mike asks otherwise, we have decided to forgo an organized effort here and will chose amongst the organizations they support. We hope anyone inclined will do likewise.

Thread Information