Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Problems loading this site? Just me?

Quote Originally Posted by John Nebel View Post
    You might try connectingcolorado.com (use the quicksearch) and ancientmoney.org to see if those are slow at the same time as you observe that AH is slow.
    It's ALWAYS slow. But I did, and they are too, although connectingcolorado.com loads quick cause there's not much on it. (no database)

When I just came to this site, the forum initially loaded in a split second, then as soon as I entered a thread it came to a screeching halt.

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    It's ALWAYS slow. But I did, and they are too, although connectingcolorado.com loads quick cause there's not much on it. (no database)

When I just came to this site, the forum initially loaded in a split second, then as soon as I entered a thread it came to a screeching halt.
    Does "they are too" mean that they are slow too?

Please use quicksearch on connectiongcolorado.com. What makes you think "no database"?
    John Nebel

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    The site was running super hot all day. Now it's bogged down. Took me over a minute just to load one page of this thread. I'm running a traceroute now. I have no idea what it means, or how long to run it.

Edit: but it posted this reply quick enough with no stall.
    Trace hit your firewall and died. You need to allow ICMP (ping, traceroute) outbound.

Quote Originally Posted by John Nebel View Post
    You might try ... ancientmoney.org...
    I know that one! Good advice at any time! Nice...

Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post
    Trace hit your firewall and died. You need to allow ICMP (ping, traceroute) outbound.
    Ain't got no Firewall out here in the boonies on my Mac. Unless Netgear defaults to one. I'm just a plug-and-play doofus.

And I'm not going to mention how well the site's been working because I'm sure that will be the kiss of death.

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    I know that one! Good advice at any time! Nice...
    Bo,

One of the things we considered in this "what happened to AH" puzzle is that the connectingcolorado.com site has seen extreme usage due to people looking for work; that system also sends out notification e-mails for job openings many of which are requested by Comcast customers - perhaps some automated system within Comcast has flagged the 198.80.11 network due to its activity. Comcast may be trying to moderate bandwidth to benefit its customer base as a whole without regard to any particular set.

Jenny, who works for the State, noticed that she was having trouble reaching connectingcolorado.com from home as did Nan who works on the software behind that site (500K lines of code and HTML). Nan noticed the response time was fine on her private T1 and both she and Jenny concluded the problem lay with Comcast although, to give Comcast a break, it could be one of their peers.

In a long thread on the DSL bulletin board, users were having problems with gmail, whether it were Google, Comcast, or peering, no one appeared to have a definitive answer.

http://www.broadbandreports.com/foru...om-googlegmail

John
    John Nebel

Hi, John...

Thanks for the continuing efforts to help the suffering rationalize their frustration! I've gone to some lengths with pings, traceroute, etc., and cannot find anything diagnostic (to me). I've also compared to connectingcolorado.com and ancientmoney.org - no comparable issues, but I'm not on them as frequently. I need to await another bout of Slowski here and test them.

I enjoy ancientmoney.org. That is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    Hi, John...

Thanks for the continuing efforts to help the suffering rationalize their frustration! I've gone to some lengths with pings, traceroute, etc., and cannot find anything diagnostic (to me). I've also compared to connectingcolorado.com and ancientmoney.org - no comparable issues, but I'm not on them as frequently. I need to await another bout of Slowski here and test them.

I enjoy ancientmoney.org. That is fantastic.
    Bo,

You give way too much credit. Rationalizing frustration is well beyond me.

Best,

John
    John Nebel

JBL 4645
    I tell you why its slowing down its those sodden EMO’S you know the ones that talk about slicing there wrists with mommies kitchen bread knife, that’s why its slowing down EMO kids on the internet rambling about how pathetic there lives are. We don’t have any EMO’S on this site now do we?

I wish my grass was EMO so it would cut itself.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post
    I wish my grass was EMO so it would cut itself.

LHF speed is terrible again today, but suspect Comcast ..
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    LHF speed is terrible again today, but suspect Comcast ..
    Just a reply as the OP on this thread to say everything's fine on this end, and to wish everyone all the best for a happy holiday.

Thread Information