Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Problems loading this site? Just me?

It takes a long time for Current Active Users page to load too. Originally i thought it was my computer, but I no loinger use that one, and it happens on all three of my computers I use now.
    scottyj

Bo,

Could be a peering problem somewhere on the Internet or someone is blocking something between backbone providers.

FYI: I asked Susie to look at it from Qwest DSL in Colorado Springs and the AH site seemed fine from there.

If it persists, I can try resetting BGP.

John

PS

Without a traceroute, it's just a rumor.
    John Nebel

Got no problems with it way down here in New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by John Nebel View Post
    If it persists, I can try resetting BGP.
    Without a traceroute, it's just a rumor.
    At first I figured it to be just some sinister plot to have us addicts quit cold-turkey.

Seriously, thanks for looking into it. It's really bad right now and of and on for the last two days. Can I run a ping or something to help with a trace?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA
    Seriously, thanks for looking into it. It's really bad right now and of and on for the last two days. Can I run a ping or something to help with a trace?
    - Try browsing this site when "Logged Out" ( assuming you know your password to log back in ).
    - Keep "cookie acceptance" turned "on" within your browser settings .

- Also, within a browsers' settings ( called "Web Content" within IE5 ), dissallow the site to "specify page colors" .

Browsing this way makes my experience here quite acceptable ( efficiency-wise ) .

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    - Try browsing this site when "Logged Out" ( assuming you know your password to log back in ).
    - Keep "cookie acceptance" turned "on" within your browser settings .

- Also, within a browsers' settings ( called "Web Content" within IE5 ), dissallow the site to "specify page colors" .

Browsing this way makes my experience here quite acceptable ( efficiency-wise ) .
    It's not just the rendering of the page content. Many sites I visit are far more complex with more personal data, etc, involved in the display. It's the site/server just not responding. Sometimes the page will remain blank for as much as a minute. Other times the menu bar only will load and then it'll hang for thirty seconds and then slowly display the rest. Even while this is occurring I can open another window or tab to any other Internet URL and that one will load normally while the LH is still stuck. And it's not browser specific. I'm on a Mac and I can use Safari and Firefox at the same time and both will have the same problem displaying the LH site, and not have any problem with any other. Weird, I know. For instance, it took over a minute just to preview this post. While waiting, I went to Audiokarma.org in another tab and that site opened immediately.

IE? Is Internet Exploder still actually a viable web interface? Certainly isn't for a Mac! Ever tried Firefox?

IE? Is Internet Exploder still actually a viable web interface? Certainly isn't for a Mac!
    - No, IE is no longer a viable browser for the Mac.
    - I'm on a Mac ( OS 9.2 ) .

Ever tried Firefox?
    - No, but then my problems seem to have a usable work-around / ( plus I have a new PC arriving in 2 weeks / & will be running XP ) .

It's not just the rendering of the page content. Many sites I visit are far more complex with more personal data, etc, involved in the display. It's the site/server just not responding. Sometimes the page will remain blank for as much as a minute. Other times the menu bar only will load and then it'll hang for thirty seconds and then slowly display the rest. Even while this is occurring I can open another window or tab to any other Internet URL and that one will load normally while the LH is still stuck. And it's not browser specific. I'm on a Mac and I can use Safari and Firefox at the same time and both will have the same problem displaying the LH site, and not have any problem with any other. Weird, I know. For instance, it took over a minute just to preview this post. While waiting, I went to Audiokarma.org in another tab and that site opened immediately.
    - I'm guessing you haven't tried out my suggestions.

<> Earl K

RIP 2009
    I'm using IE6 with Win2K and an ATT 6mbit connection and have been getting nothing but blazing downloads!

John

At home I'm on a dual 1.25g Powermac, running 10.5.5, 2 Gig RAM, Firefox 2.x - tied through Airport extreme and a cablemodem (COX CATV) ...
    Also fast at work with a dell something-or-other, Firefox 3.x, Win Xp and whatever network they have.

Seems quite fast at both locations ...
    At neither location have I fussed with cookies or browser settings

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    - No, IE is no longer a viable browser for the Mac.
    - I'm on a Mac ( OS 9.2 ) .

- No, but then my problems have a usable work-around ( I have a new PC arriving in 2 weeks / running XP ) .

- So, did you or did you not try out my suggestions ?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I haven't been able to use the site for over a half-hour. I even called Comcast and they showed me how to access the network utility to ping. Ping showed no problem to Audioheritag.com, yet even while we were chatting, the forum pages were stalled, and had been for a half-hour. Even when an Admin PM'd me to ask me to change my "title", I was unable to send a reply, or to access my CP page. Then all of a sudden it went back to blindingly quick. Then nothing. This whole time I was able to scan, search, and reply several times on Audiokarma.org with no issue. Even check on my Ebay watch list. Crazy?!

I'm sending this now before the wole thing crashes again.

Guys and gals...

I pinged John Nebel and he and Ann have run many tests, and checked opertional status, and it is nothing on their end. My usage experience is now identical to yours - the webpage most often cannot load - but it is not a LH issue.

John oh-so-kindly recommends we raise the issue with Comcast, as he suggests it is a Comcast issue, and not anything larger, nor LH related. So, thanks to them for their taking the time to check.

OK, Comcast sucks. I get that. But it is weird, that, like you, of the many sites I visit either routinely or randomly doing research, only this one is impacted.

:dont-know

Greetings, All,

FWIW, I have had no problems in getting on, and using this site, at least not so far. I'm using an eMac with OS V10.3.9, and everything seems fine here. Best of luck sussing it out, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

P.S. I HAVE had Firefox lock up on me, or just dump me, quite often lately. But, that happens with every site, and not just here. I figure it's a FF problem.
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    At first I figured it to be just some sinister plot to have us addicts quit cold-turkey.

A traceroute when it is not working properly would help.
    John Nebel

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    Today I joined your miserable group. As with you, the symptom is unique to LH Forum.

I ping'ed John Nebel to see if anything is showing at his end. Typically, it does not (his gear is cracker jack!) and this all relates to Internet traffic, but it is weird.
    bop

But one or two of us here have experienced virus in the past myself included but I’d rule that possibility out for myself all here is normal expect for the text that keeps getting changed to quote automatically, not sure if it will happen tonight? Well let’s post and see if it does and my text is sent to (Normal Times New Roman).

Bugger that wired it’s reduced to size 2 and no quote tonight, weird? I’ll resize it to 3, this happens when previewing post, weird?

Quote Originally Posted by John Nebel View Post
    A traceroute when it is not working properly would help.
    It was working perfectly for the last fifteen minutes. Now it's slowing down again.

As I said in a previous post today, Comcast says there's no way it can be them if it's only one site. If they do limit an individual's speed or access to the web from abuse of bandwidth, it limits all sites. That's not the issue here. It can't be Firefox, either, since when it happens I can switch to Safari with the same lack of response.

Comcast showed me how to access the ping test which I suppose shows speed to the LH server and that was fine. If you can explain to me how to do a traceroute (on a Mac), I'm happy to do so. (Edit: still working so I came back to say Apple Help shows the path through network utilities. I'll trace it next time it bogs down. Thanks again for caring about it.)

Hope this message gets through. Pardon my typos, I don't have time to go through previewing them now that it takes 15 minutes.

Thread Information