Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems loading this site? Just me?

Problems loading this site? Just me?

For about the last 24 hours the audioheritage site has been slow to load, stalls, or times out. I don't have this problem with any other site on my computer that I can tell. It also looks like the forum traffic has been somewhat light, too. Is this a problem anyone else is experiencing or should i be looking for solutions closer to home?

Thanks. So far it's only been saving me money!

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    For about the last 24 hours the audioheritage site has been slow to load, stalls, or times out. I don't have this problem with any other site on my computer that I can tell. It also looks like the forum traffic has been somewhat light, too. Is this a problem anyone else is experiencing or should i be looking for solutions closer to home?

Are you running any other programs on the computer that might be one of the causes?

If I was running photobucket not uploading if I just had it open on the computer I get some lagging, its those Emos you know, you know photobucket is part of that silly MySpace site and that site is slower than snail going at warp factor 10!

Besides there’s not much traffic on this site its calm. If you liked to try Livevideo that site stinks its like no other lagging you’ve seen before, something to do with Beta format software I was told? Not sure what software this site is running?

[quote=JBL 4645;227743]Are you running any other programs on the computer that might be one of the causes?/quote]Thanks for the suggestion but, no, nothing running even in background. And it's the only site of many exhibiting the problem. Just started yesterday. Seems to be a bit better right now. Could be my DNS choice. I'm running Open DNS only because its usually far more reliable than Comcast, but I don't think DNS has anything to do with speed. :dont-know

RIP 2009
    No problems for me, unless you go to that DVD thread where I notice Ashley has just uploaded tons of megs of Indiana Jones images which will take forever to load unless you've got a fast connection....

John

Same here ..its painfully slow ... worse than 14.4 on dialup
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by johnaec View Post
    No problems for me, unless you go to that DVD thread where I notice Ashley has just uploaded tons of megs of Indiana Jones images which will take forever to load unless you've got a fast connection....

John
    Hey don’t blame me, my computer is at least 12 to 14 years old and I’m a real cheap low rate internet connection.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Same here ..its painfully slow ... worse than 14.4 on dialup
    Exactly, but this morning all seems back to normal.

I expect we'll see site traffic pick up, too, since in some cases I was unable to ever load the forum pages. The fact that Seawolf was having similar problems suggests it is not an isolated problem. Whatever the problem, it's great to have it working again.

Its all good today...mebbe even a little faster than norm ....OMG ,,,I actually agree with BFDH ....Oh No !!!
    Worlds colliding ....

Its all good today...mebbe even a little faster than norm
    See, it has already cost me money: Bill Evans Quintessence, from the What's Playing Now thread.

OMG ,,,I actually agree with BFDH
    And your choice of car sucks, too!

JBL 4645
    Exactly, but this morning all seems back to normal.

I expect we'll see site traffic pick up, too, since in some cases I was unable to ever load the forum pages. The fact that Seawolf was having similar problems suggests it is not an isolated problem. Whatever the problem, it's great to have it working again.
    “They’re hare” seems like you’ve had some poltergeist, gremlin issues on your end…

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    seems like you’ve had some poltergeist, gremlin issues on your end…
    Unlikely, since this was the only site, and Seawolf experienced the same problem. And it fixed itself for both of us at the same time. Some sort of routing/DNS issue, I'm thinking. But I'm computer illiterate, that's why I use a Mac.

Could be 'cause of all that "black ash" I've been loading up on, too!

JBL 4645
    Unlikely, since this was the only site, and Seawolf experienced the same problem. And it fixed itself for both of us at the same time. Some sort of routing/DNS issue, I'm thinking. But I'm computer illiterate, that's why I use a Mac.

Or maybe it has something to do with the tinnitus beam that Area-51 is using in Nevada?

And your choice of car sucks, too!
    so you like dem furrin' cars ? Mines so slow, caint hardly git out of its own way..

LATER: well I'll be damned !!! there is a black ash tree

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraxinus_nigra

Ecology

It commonly occurs in swamps, often with the closely related Green Ash. The fall foliage is yellow. Black Ash is one of the first trees to lose its leaves in the fall.
    Black Ash is a food plant for the larvae of several species of Lepidoptera; see List of Lepidoptera that feed on ashes.

RIP 2009
    so ..what does a black ash tree look like ? (for next time I'm walkin in the woods)
    I think is the same stuff all those L5's and L7's he's been collectin' use...

John

JBL 4645
    You need this to get around in Tom, humvee.

Thread Information