Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heaven is where you find it!!

Heaven is where you find it!!

Good Evening, my Friends,

Tonight, Sweet Bride and I watched "Master And Commander", with Russell Crowe. Now, we've enjoyed this movie quite a few times since we bought the DVD, and enjoyed it every single time, with one missing link. Our old subwoofer just couldn't keep up with the cannon fire, and didn't sound as good as it should have with the cello in the soundtrack!

Well, tonight, with the sound being played through our L300's.... my Friends, I cannot tell you in strong enough terms: We were both THRILLED, in a way we've never been before, with the enjoyment of this movie, and also the soundtrack!!! Say what you will, dear Friends, as "obsolete" as they may be, JBL L300's SMOKE THE CRAP OUT OF MOST OTHER SPEAKERS, PERIOD!!!! I cannot say more, as that last sentence says it all, as far as we're both concerned!!! We can hardly wait to watch "Titanic" again, and also "Last of the Mohicans", as well as many other favorite movies, which we know we'll enjoy more than we ever have, before our L300's came to live with us!! Thank you, Lord in Heaven, for making it possible for us to obtain these wonderful speakers!! Thanks to you all, too, for reading my raving reviews of these wonderful speakers. I know that some of you don't agree, and that is perfectly OK. Doesn't bother me a bit. Each to his/her own, sez I!! But, for our money, we just can't even imagine a better speaker, at least for our purposes!!! Take care, and God Bless!!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc Mark and Sweet Bride (headed to bed, happy, satisfied, and absolutely in love with our JBL L300's!) We say, "Tinnitus be damned"!!
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Doc, you're a hoot!

sincerely,

scotty.
    One step above: "Two Tin Cans and a String!"
    Longtime Alaskan Low-Fi Guy - E=MC² ±3db

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mark View Post

Tonight, Sweet Bride and I watched "Master And Commander", with Russell Crowe. Now, we've enjoyed this movie quite a few times since we bought the DVD, and enjoyed it every single time, with one missing link. Our old subwoofer just couldn't keep up with the cannon fire, and didn't sound as good as it should have with the cello in the soundtrack!

Well, tonight, with the sound being played through our L300's.... my Friends, I cannot tell you in strong enough terms: We were both THRILLED, in a way we've never been before, with the enjoyment of this movie, and also the soundtrack!!! Say what you will, dear Friends, as "obsolete" as they may be, JBL L300's SMOKE THE CRAP OUT OF MOST OTHER SPEAKERS, PERIOD!!!! I cannot say more, as that last sentence says it all, as far as we're both concerned!!! We can hardly wait to watch "Titanic" again, and also "Last of the Mohicans", as well as many other favorite movies, which we know we'll enjoy more than we ever have, before our L300's came to live with us!! Thank you, Lord in Heaven, for making it possible for us to obtain these wonderful speakers!! Thanks to you all, too, for reading my raving reviews of these wonderful speakers. I know that some of you don't agree, and that is perfectly OK. Doesn't bother me a bit. Each to his/her own, sez I!! But, for our money, we just can't even imagine a better speaker, at least for our purposes!!! Take care, and God Bless!!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc Mark and Sweet Bride (headed to bed, happy, satisfied, and absolutely in love with our JBL L300's!) We say, "Tinnitus be damned"!!
    I can only imagine what happens when the 2242 gets thrown into the mix!

scottyj

You are really doing it to me

Every Good Wish,
    Doc Mark,

I think I'm going to have to stop reading you're posts...you are putting a serious L300 burr under my JBL saddle blanket! It's getting so I simply must have a pair (along with a pair of L250's or 250ti's). There are just a few minor problems: I can't afford to buy a pair, I can't find a pair, and I've nowhere to put a pair. (not necessarily in that order). And yet, I simply MUST have a pair....and it's all your fault!!

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pmakres1 View Post
    Doc Mark,

I think I'm going to have to stop reading you're posts...you are putting a serious L300 burr under my JBL saddle blanket! It's getting so I simply must have a pair (along with a pair of L250's or 250ti's). There are just a few minor problems: I can't afford to buy a pair, I can't find a pair, and I've nowhere to put a pair. (not necessarily in that order). And yet, I simply MUST have a pair....and it's all your fault!!

Pete
    Pete, lemme give you some advice, DONT EVER start reading any of the TAD threads, NEVER do that to yourself!

Paying to satisfy the TAD LUST was the MOST PAINFUL LUST I EVER PAID FOR!

Best thing to do, is IF you EVER see a TAD thread, walk, no, RUN to AudioKarma and start reading Klipsch threads, ITS so much cheaper!

scottyj

JBL 4645

Thumbs up Master and commander one of best sound effect edited films of (2003)

If the sub is having issue with the cannon fire on chapter 4 and the rest of cannon recoil effects I’d easy down on the level don’t try and prove the single sub bass can handle all the deep effects! You need arrays of the same to maximize this and single sub for LFE.1 is enough for my room, thou I wouldn’t mind a few of those JBL 4645C.

I know my JBL 4645 2240 inside and out I know where she can go and where she can’t go and as long as I keep her in the green with Alesis RA300 bridge mode she’ll keep on playing. She’s in her prime now and she’s seen many deep low end films in the past 10 years.

The abrupt cannon fire chapter 4 comes in with a scary loudness over LCRS on there own. When accompanied with the LFE.1 track with sub bass extension LCRS muted the concrete floor flexes. Footsteps tramping around on the JBL control 1, arrays with centre back sounds flipping realistic! The score on this film truly rocks (Iva Davies ) (Christopher Gordon) (Richard Tognetti).

Direct reading from the LFE.1 track!

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin View Post
    Pete, lemme give you some advice, DONT EVER start reading any of the TAD threads, NEVER do that to yourself!

Paying to satisfy the TAD LUST was the MOST PAINFUL LUST I EVER PAID FOR!

Best thing to do, is IF you EVER see a TAD thread, walk, no, RUN to AudioKarma and start reading Klipsch threads, ITS so much cheaper!

I'm afraid I'm already in trouble at AK, for hanging out in the McIntosh forum.

Pete

JBL 4645
    We can hardly wait to watch "Titanic" again, and also "Last of the Mohicans", as well as many other favorite movies, which we know we'll enjoy more than we ever have, before our L300's came to live with us!!
    Titanic is another abrupt Dolby six-track mix I’d be careful with that one. The Submersible on the opening slams on the centre channel with deep depth with a mild low end on the LFE.1 track the lows can go to any channel.

The Last of the Mohicans is another beast seems like your picking Oscar sound contenders like Master and commander best sound effects editing (2003) The Last of the Mohicans best achievement in sound (1992) Titanic best sound effects editing and best achievement in sound (1997).

JBL 4645
    LOL my cat just pumped for cover while walking around on the top of the sofa. Chapter 31 Master and commander! Sooty was looking around in panic as the LFE.1 and the primary channels sounded! It’s hiding behind the sofa now. LOL

Greetings, All,

First, I hope you can all forgive me for being so unabashedly enthusiastic about our L300's! It's just the way I am! I learned, a very long time ago, that, for the most part, each of us is completely in control over the way we choose to react to our situations, both planned, and unplanned. As I got older, I decided that it was MUCH more fun to enjoy the trip, instead of griping, complaining, and bitching about the little unimportant details along the way! By the Grace of God, I met and married a wonderful woman who feels exactly the same way! So, our lives together have been super happy, completely satisfying, and more fun than a barrel of drunk monkeys!!!

We have found that everyday life can be a real "tickle-fest", IF you have the proper attitude, and if you allow yourself to take pleasure in all things, both big and small!! Whether it be our L300's, or the backpacking we do, or our very satisfying Living History hobby, our travels, our business, or our marriage, we've a very happy pair, and with God's blessings, we hope to continue that course of action throughout our entire lives together! May you all be so blessed, as well! Take care, my Friends, and remember to be enthusiastic about something fun today!!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc and Sweet Bride
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Titanic is another abrupt Dolby six-track mix I’d be careful with that one. The Submersible on the opening slams on the centre channel with deep depth with a mild low end on the LFE.1 track the lows can go to any channel.

The Last of the Mohicans is another beast seems like your picking Oscar sound contenders like Master and commander best sound effects editing (2003) The Last of the Mohicans best achievement in sound (1992) Titanic best sound effects editing and best achievement in sound (1997).
    Hey, JBL 4645,

Our choices of movies/soundtracks have been based on what we like, and until you mentioned it, we were unaware of the awards garnered by some of our most favorite films! That's very cool, and thanks for that wonderful information! As a pro musician for around 30 years, and after spending much of that time behind a drum kit with a good bass player on my left, music does not sound "normal or real", unless it has that same dynamic feel to it! That may very well not be "normal" to anyone who has not experienced it from up on stage, but for me, that's the only way I want to listen to music. It's been suggested that we seek out a good DVD of "Jurrasic Park", and that's something I may end up doing today, actually. We have quite a few other videos that offer dynamic soundtracks, but until we got the L300's, our little 12" DVC Eminence subwoofer just couldn't keep up on much of it. Hey, it has always sounded good, musically, but it's never had a good range of dynamics. So, we were blown away by the depth of sound coming from our L300's last night!! I expect that, when a future subwoofer is added to our system, we will love that, even more!! But, over and above everything else, we appreciate how musical and natural our L300's reproduce whatever we wish to enjoy. Whether it's Diana Krall, a small string ensemble, the soundtrack from "Master and Commander", a sweet cello, or oboe solo, or Aaron Copeland's "Fanfare for the Common Man", our L300's sound "real" and very musical to us. In that end, that's what it's all about, eh?!

Thanks, again, for the neat information, Sir. Much appreciated. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

JBL 4645
    Well Doc, then you’ll like the drum beat in chapter 11 “A real party” when I first heard in the cinema back around early of 1998 as the cinema was fully exclusive with Dolby digital Dolby DA20 coupled with the Dolby CP200. The attack on the JBL 4675-A THX approved stage speakers was so lively sounding.

In the home I have to make sure I don’t push too far with control 5 still they hit loudness spot for what they are.

Hmm, "Fanfare for the Common Man" there was electrical music styled version. I seem to also remember it was in the charts on BBC radio1 back then.

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Fanfare For the Common Man (8m.54s)
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0OLWgrr671g

Fanfare For the Common Man (3m56s)
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzf0rvQa4Mc

JBL 4645
    Oh there is just one other thing thou. If you like horns and trumpets the end credits of Grand Canyon Dolby digital 4 track sounds really cool on the end with horns and trumpets and precession beating away…hold on I’ll get the region 2 DVD and give those end credits a quick play, oh the sound of Dolby 4.0wow!

The discrete LCRS sounds very good on this film for its age that comes out crystal clear good strong dialogue intelligibility and sound effects put to good use for the story. Cheek it out for its good visuals at the end that is one mighty large piece of art that god as made, breath taking.

For the frequency graph I used sw-re-mix on my Kenwood KRF-X9050D THX select since its only Dolby stereo 4.0 it needs some sub bass extension that I send to the JBL 4645 instead of the Eltax A 12-R that I use for six-track Dolby stereo digital or dts films.

The use of the monaural discrete surrounds on the end credits is played at lower level over LCR thou there are way to heighten it without it getting too out of hand when loud moments come. The harmony of choir voices washes over me uniformity spiritual feeling in the room as well as smooth panning of sound effects and musical instruments that the JBL control 1 handle easily.

Look out for the THX logo on the end that’s something very rare that you don’t see today on the end credits. I could only imagine how this would have sounded at the CIC UCI High Wycombe in THX because that cinema had one of the evil wickedest lows second to the Empire Leicester Square. Only two JBL 4645 wow I’m impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by pmakres1 View Post
    I'm afraid I'm already in trouble at AK, for hanging out in the McIntosh forum.

Pete
    OH, thats also a LUSTFUL gear, however, IF you HAVEN'T actually looked at a MAC directly into HER GREEN/BLUE meter eyes, there is a chance, slim it is, but a chance that your wallet won't turn to EMPTY!

scottyj

Look into my eyes....

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin View Post
    OH, thats also a LUSTFUL gear, however, IF you HAVEN'T actually looked at a MAC directly into HER GREEN/BLUE meter eyes, there is a chance, slim it is, but a chance that your wallet won't turn to EMPTY!

...and if you HAVE, it's ALL OVER! It happened to me a long time ago. Actually, I successfully avoided looking into her eyes during all the years I spent growing up in the Binghamton area, where MAC is made. Then, while living here in Florida, I looked into her eyes... and I was powerless.

And yes, my wallet emptied out fast!

Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information