Thread: Removing JBL Control 28 Grille

Removing JBL Control 28 Grille

Any ideas on how to remove the grille of a JBL Control 28? There's two screws under the logo badge that I've removed, but I'm currently stuck at that point.

Any assistance or ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Any ideas on how to remove the grille of a JBL Control 28? There's two screws under the logo badge that I've removed, but I'm currently stuck at that point.

Any assistance or ideas?
    If it's the same as Control 29AV's you just have to use a little pencil screwdriver or icepick type tool to pry the grille out around the edges. The wire mesh has rubber seals pushed into the grille seating gap and they hold the grille pretty tight. They are pretty much impossible to remove by hand.

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Slare View Post
    If it's the same as Control 29AV's you just have to use a little pencil screwdriver or icepick type tool to pry the grille out around the edges. The wire mesh has rubber seals pushed into the grille seating gap and they hold the grille pretty tight. They are pretty much impossible to remove by hand.
    Ditto. I have some Control 18's (subwoofer version of Control 28) and have had to remove the grille. Be very careful not to bend the grille. You'll never get it straightened out.

In that case, I'll just leave it as it. It was already slightly damaged during shipping, and I was hoping to replace it. Oh well, it gives it character I guess.

Ditto. I have some Control 18's (subwoofer version of Control 28) and have had to remove the grille.
    I was about to purchase a few from the JBL Tent sale a few weeks back. Too bad the store is closed indefinitely until further notice.

How are the Control 18's?

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Slare View Post

Agree I noticed that when I brought my JBL control 5 brand now damn is that rubbery sticky what ever it is damn its stuck on tightly! I use flat-head screw driver to laver it out evenly all around as to not buckle the grill frame.

Today piss easy I use my fingers as the grills have loosened up slightly for easy removal.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    In that case, I'll just leave it as it. It was already slightly damaged during shipping, and I was hoping to replace it. Oh well, it gives it character I guess.

I was about to purchase a few from the JBL Tent sale a few weeks back. Too bad the store is closed indefinitely until further notice.

How are the Control 18's?
    The grilles are reasonably priced, all things considered. I would consider buying one while they are still available and reasonably priced if you think it might bother you someday.

Thread Information