Thread: biamping 515 and 806 combo suggestions ?

biamping 515 and 806 combo suggestions ?

i have a 515 woofer and 806 driver with 811 horn using dynaco mk 3 mono amps and am currently using half of a jbl stereo crossover 5234 . i did have a heatkit xo-1 that sounded better but it died on me and went to the jbl crossover.any ideas what direction i could go in with trying to upgrade my crossover, i know the heathkit sounded better. but, they are hard to come by and aren't really well made . i am trying to read opinions on ashly, rane, and behringer.any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance , pete

You'll need HF compensation to get any VHF out of 806 on 811. "CD Comp" button on Behringer CX3400 gets it out to ~14 kHz. You'd need another 20 dB or so to get it playing to 20 kHz, and it'd likely sound nasty.

With your JBL, you'd need comp cards. I don't know if FFBREQ or CCBREQ would provide the best contour for that horn/driver combination. Most modern actives have HF comp; if not, you can add it passively, but that's more "stuff."

biamp crossover

thanks zilch, i have 800 hz cards in the jbl.i was looking at the rane mojo mx 22 it is 2 way and pretty simple.

The question is, does it have HF compensation?

Also, are you doing just single-channel here?

biamp crossover

yes i have a mono system. the 515 in in a big corner horn cab meant for a 604 b coax. i have to check if it has hf comp. thanks again

biamping altec

thanks zilch. i picked up a rane mx 22 on ebay and it does the job nicely. i probably will also try the behringer 3400 i am getting good reviews on it also . just trying different options , thanks again.

Thread Information