Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sam1hf / sam2lf

Obsolete

sam1hf / sam2lf

Mr. Widget,

Have you had a chance to hear these yet?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Obsolete

Obsolete
    SAM12X

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Mr. Widget,

Have you had a chance to hear these yet?
    Nope.

But I hope to... it looks like that passive network could be upgraded to a CC'd Solen network ā la the Everest II. I guess they expect most users to use the active filtering in the SDEC 4000 Active crossover and filter system.

Widget

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I guess they expect most users to use the active filtering in the SDEC 4000 Active crossover and filter system.
    I think so.

Obsolete

sam3va & sam3ha

Has anyone run across these yet?

Neat! Aluminum domes and cones on the midbass drivers and dual neo magnets...
    Out.

Does anybody know off-hand the crossover frequency of the SAM12X from woofer module into SAM1HF?

The downloaded literature doesn't give that spec. I'd imagine it to be around 700-800Hz similar to Array but need specifics for my SAM1HF project.

Thanks much,

Warren
    DIY Array, 2242 sub, 4408, 4208, Control 8SR, E120 Guitar cab, Control 1, LSR305.

If you want the response of the HF or LF output of the SAM12X into a resistor (e.g., 8 ohms), I could properly setup to do that this weekend...

Very kind of you Sir Grumpy. As you may have seen, I have the SAMs and am using 2234s for bottom end. My active crossover is limited to a Rane analogue unit and I'm a little concerned about creating a hole in the response by setting it too low. If there's no hi-pass filter in the built-in Sam crossover then I should be ok by just getting in the ball-park. If there is, then I'd like to mate up with that frequency if possible.

Thanks again,

Warren
    DIY Array, 2242 sub, 4408, 4208, Control 8SR, E120 Guitar cab, Control 1, LSR305.

According to the following post they're crossed at 890...

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post366125

If I remember right, part of the High Pass is in the SAM12x (or the DEC) and the CD
    compensation and EQ/notches are in the SAM1HF box. If you're happy with the 890 figure
    (I see no reason to dispute) it'll save me some time If I do it anyway, just out of
    curiosity, I'll post results.

Yes, I can probably make that information work for me as it stands.

Regards,

Warren

Array Crossovers

I was looking for information on Array 800 crossovers and found this thread. It is very interesting and I would like to know how your modifications turned out.

I purchased the top end of a pair off JBL Array 800's a year ago or so as a possible system build. I had thought of using a pair of HP88F woofers that I had picked up in another purchase around the same time to use as the bottom end. I thought that I could build a box to house a pair of those woofers and use the Array 800 HF horns on top. I don't have the crossover to the Array 800 horns and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to match these horns to these woofers with a 3-way crossover? Would the original passive crossover for the 800 system work properly, (if one could even be found)? Or, do I need to tri-amp this system with an outboard active crossover?

Thanks for your reply.

I've re-configured my system and am revisiting my set-up.

I am interested in what the SAM12X is doing but thought another way to analyze it would be to possibly download the tuning file from Synthesis for the SAM1/2 crossover/eq functions.

I can't find where those are available or if they are readable to interpret into my dbx unit.

I realize the tunings are meant for sdec or bss units but maybe there is a way to convert them to text and go from there...

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thread Information