Thread: New Enya album out on November 10 2008

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JBL 4645

Smile New Enya album out on November 10 2008

Enya’s newest “And Winter Cane” out on (November 10th 2008) like the artwork for the cover I guess with Christmas, slowly approaching now, sorry to remind you, it does look kinder fitting with the hoarse, the white icy crystal look and the red typeface, nice, retail price is expected around £12.00 to £15.00 pounds.

1. And Winter Came
    2. Journey of the Angels
    3. White is in the Winter Night
    4. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
    5. Trains and Winter Rains
    6. Dreams are More Precious
    7. Last Time by Moonlight
    8. One Toy Soldier
    9. Stars and Midnight Blue
    10. The Spirit of Christmas Past
    11. My! My! Time Flies!
    12. Oíche Chiúin (Chorale)[3]

Interesting - Amazon US has the correct spelling of the Album title ...

http://www.amazon.com/Winter-Came-Enya/dp/B001EI5CA0/
    And Winter Came...

Enya (Artist)
    More about this product
    List Price: $18.98 Price: $9.99
    So - are you a fan of her earlier works?
    Got any favorites among those older albums?

Fancy any of her older work with Clannad?

I saw Clannad in DC when they toured for the Sirius album years ago, but she'd already left by then ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enya

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post

Enya’s newest “And Winter Cane” out on (November 10th 2008) like the artwork for the cover I guess with Christmas, slowly approaching now, sorry to remind you, it does look kind of fitting with the horse, the white icy crystal look and the red typeface, nice, retail price is expected around £12.00 to £15.00 pounds.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Er, I like Enya better w/o Clannad, or as we used to mock them, Clamhead. It's all personal preference of course, but I find her solo work more focused and consistent. I'm referring to the level of performance and musicality, not consistent style or genre.

Clannad can be all over the place. Some call it variety; I call it inconsistency. I'd like one track, then have the urge to hurl or to ram my head into the wall on the next.
    Out.

I remember being taken past Enya's Castle in Killiney when I first came to Ireland. She lives up on a hill overlooking Bono's more "modest" house. She's seriously rich (I assume because the US love her so much )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manderley_Castle

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Er, I like Enya better w/o Clannad, or as we used to mock them, Clamhead. It's all personal preference of course, but I find her solo work more focused and consistent. I'm referring to the level of performance and musicality, not consistent style or genre.

Clannad can be all over the place. Some call it variety; I call it inconsistency. I'd like one track, then have the urge to hurl or to ram my head into the wall on the next.
    Dome I’m going to surround you with Enya and make super infinity loud for which there’s no escape from.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyoz View Post
    I remember being taken past Enya's Castle in Killiney when I first came to Ireland. She lives up on a hill overlooking Bono's more "modest" house. She's seriously rich (I assume because the US love her so much )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manderley_Castle

Wow now that’s a nice castle didn’t think Ireland had castles. Bet it cost a bundle to restore and modernise inside. So where does Enya do her recording sessions at home because I’d have no doubt she’s got her own studio and Warner Bros is the recorded label that she publishers her albums on. So you say Bono is a stone throw away. So, Queen Eyna, lives here and King Bono, live down the road.

Built to commemorate Queen Victoria interesting how you learn a little bit each day on history, I was dreadful at it, at school.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Interesting - Amazon US has the correct spelling of the Album title ...

http://www.amazon.com/Winter-Came-Enya/dp/B001EI5CA0/
    And Winter Came...

Enya (Artist)
    More about this product
    List Price: $18.98 Price: $9.99
    So - are you a fan of her earlier works?
    Got any favorites among those older albums?

Fancy any of her older work with Clannad?

I saw Clannad in DC when they toured for the Sirius album years ago, but she'd already left by then ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enya
    Yeah I would pretty much say so I have two albums that get played quite regularly I was only listening to Shepard Moons last nice twice once downstairs with my neighbour, who I help set-up a small Hi-Fi stereo system yesterday a Tech stereo amplifier and two small Eltax Monitor III that had surprisingly good bass mid and sweet loud highs.

After I left I came back upstairs to my flat with the neighbour because he wanted to look at some DJ PA gear on the internet, after he left I played my own copy of the same CD. I also have Anywhere is and I just like her angels sweet voice wow it mellows me and its got good bass.

First time I heard her music was around 1988 “Orinoco Flow” and from that moment I knew I found something to chill out on now and then.

One of my LaserDiscs (I've sill got a ton of 'em) is Enya: Moon Shadows. I play it a couple of times a year. It's quite a treat if you ask me.
    Out.

Wow now that’s a nice castle didn’t think Ireland had castles.
    Are you having a laugh, this place is full of them (literally).

Here's one I photographed that's quite near me. It's a little tiddler that's "only" 400 years old.

Most are 13th century Norman ones like the one below that's hidden away with barely a tourist sign to show anyone how to find it. This is the front but the whole thing is rather massive and wouldn't look out of place in Braveheart! I plan to buy a metal detector one day when I have more time to explore.

Hey Ash, thanks for the heads up on this -

Enya’s newest “And Winter Came...” out on (November 10th 2008)

I just pre-ordered it from Amazon for $9.99 as well a the new one due out from Yo Yo Ma -
    "Songs of Joy & Peace" with James Taylor, Chris Botti and a number of other folks.

Should be some good sounds come November!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

JBL 4645
    Hey Ash, thanks for the heads up on this -

I just pre-ordered it from Amazon for $9.99 as well a the new one due out from Yo Yo Ma -
    "Songs of Joy & Peace" with James Taylor, Chris Botti and a number of other folks.

Should be some good sounds come November!
    Err, Yeah, Heather, sounds great but I’d only have to wait 5 weeks no big deal. Just tried across the road to find if the other girl is in, and it appears she works on Saturdays so I’ll wait till 5pm, just like to pop around and see the kittens at the other ladies home, like to see which kitten will be attracted to me thou all cats would gladly lay on your lap while stroking them.

Err, Yeah, Heather, sounds great but I’d only have to wait 5 weeks no big deal. Just tried across the road to find if the other girl is in, and it appears she works on Saturdays so I’ll wait till 5pm, just like to pop around and see the kittens at the other ladies home, like to see which kitten will be attracted to me thou all cats would gladly lay on your lap while stroking them.
    yeah - Enya is due Nov 11, Yo Yo is due in Oct 14 ...

Cats are funny - we adopted 2 Himalyan cats - the girl cat, Dolly, like to lay on my lap and sleep. The boy cat, teddy, will come by for brushing but basically likes to keep to himself except when he wants something. A previous owner had their front claws removed - so we don't have grill cloth, cone or furniture issues, but you might ...

Short hairs are better than long hairs when it comes to fur balls and hacked-up crud on the floor ...

Dolly is the cat with the black face and paws (seal point), Teddy has the grey tones (lavender point).
    Attached Images Attached Images   

JBL 4645
    yeah - Enya is due Nov 11, Yo Yo is due in Oct 14 ...

Cats are funny - we adopted 2 Himalyan cats - the girl cat, Dolly, like to lay on my lap and sleep. The boy cat, teddy, will come by for brushing but basically likes to keep to himself except when he wants something. A previous owner had their front claws removed - so we don't have grill cloth, cone or furniture issues, but you might ...

Short hairs are better than long hairs when it comes to fur balls and hacked-up crud on the floor ...

Dolly is the cat with the black face and paws (seal point), Teddy has the grey tones (lavender point).
    Wow their adorable I like your cats Heather, it said October 10th. Dose loud sounds scare them or do they just wonder around not minding at all, do you keep Teddy and Dolly inside on fire work night 4th July due to extreme loud sounds of the rockets going off as pets don’t like it.

Oh, yeah I can see some cat fur on the seat yes I can see it. Well that’s not a major issue I don’t have carpet down anywhere in the flat as of yet and I was kinder hoping to lay carpet tiles down when I moved in, oh well its not an issue I vacuum at least three times a week seep the floor and then vacuum it over.

There pretty large cats like them I really like them there lovely.

Wow they're adorable! I like your cats Heather, it said October 10th. Does loud sounds scare them or do they just wander around not minding at all, do you keep Teddy and Dolly inside on fire work night 4th July due to extreme loud sounds of the rockets going off as pets don’t like it.

Oh, yeah I can see some cat fur on the seat yes I can see it. Well that’s not a major issue I don’t have carpet down anywhere in the flat as of yet and I was kinder hoping to lay carpet tiles down when I moved in, oh well its not an issue I vacuum at least three times a week sweep the floor and then vacuum it over.

They're pretty large cats - like them, I really like them they're lovely.

Teddy likes gadgets - and he sleeps on the subwoofer sometimes - he seems to like when it rumbles. really loud noises trouble them, but they generally stay in whatever room we are in. If we are watching TV they are usually on the sofa or floor nearby. If we are in the office they are on our chair or in a windowsill nearby. We don't let them in the bedroom to keep the stray fur out of there.

We replaced the sofas a few months back - I found a pair of leather sofas on Craigslist and they don't get fur covered like that tan corduroy did ...

Because they have no front claws they can't defend themselves against neighborhood cats, and they'd get leaves and twigs dirt and bugs (fleas, ticks and stuff) caught in that long fur, so - they don't really go out.
    But they do get visitors ...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information