Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Enya album out on November 10 2008

JBL 4645

Smile New Enya album out on November 10 2008

Enya’s newest “And Winter Cane” out on (November 10th 2008) like the artwork for the cover I guess with Christmas, slowly approaching now, sorry to remind you, it does look kinder fitting with the hoarse, the white icy crystal look and the red typeface, nice, retail price is expected around £12.00 to £15.00 pounds.

1. And Winter Came
    2. Journey of the Angels
    3. White is in the Winter Night
    4. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
    5. Trains and Winter Rains
    6. Dreams are More Precious
    7. Last Time by Moonlight
    8. One Toy Soldier
    9. Stars and Midnight Blue
    10. The Spirit of Christmas Past
    11. My! My! Time Flies!
    12. Oíche Chiúin (Chorale)[3]

Interesting - Amazon US has the correct spelling of the Album title ...

http://www.amazon.com/Winter-Came-Enya/dp/B001EI5CA0/
    And Winter Came...

Enya (Artist)
    More about this product
    List Price: $18.98 Price: $9.99
    So - are you a fan of her earlier works?
    Got any favorites among those older albums?

Fancy any of her older work with Clannad?

I saw Clannad in DC when they toured for the Sirius album years ago, but she'd already left by then ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enya

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post

Enya’s newest “And Winter Cane” out on (November 10th 2008) like the artwork for the cover I guess with Christmas, slowly approaching now, sorry to remind you, it does look kind of fitting with the horse, the white icy crystal look and the red typeface, nice, retail price is expected around £12.00 to £15.00 pounds.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Er, I like Enya better w/o Clannad, or as we used to mock them, Clamhead. It's all personal preference of course, but I find her solo work more focused and consistent. I'm referring to the level of performance and musicality, not consistent style or genre.

Clannad can be all over the place. Some call it variety; I call it inconsistency. I'd like one track, then have the urge to hurl or to ram my head into the wall on the next.
    Out.

I remember being taken past Enya's Castle in Killiney when I first came to Ireland. She lives up on a hill overlooking Bono's more "modest" house. She's seriously rich (I assume because the US love her so much )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manderley_Castle

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Er, I like Enya better w/o Clannad, or as we used to mock them, Clamhead. It's all personal preference of course, but I find her solo work more focused and consistent. I'm referring to the level of performance and musicality, not consistent style or genre.

Clannad can be all over the place. Some call it variety; I call it inconsistency. I'd like one track, then have the urge to hurl or to ram my head into the wall on the next.
    Dome I’m going to surround you with Enya and make super infinity loud for which there’s no escape from.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyoz View Post
    I remember being taken past Enya's Castle in Killiney when I first came to Ireland. She lives up on a hill overlooking Bono's more "modest" house. She's seriously rich (I assume because the US love her so much )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manderley_Castle

Wow now that’s a nice castle didn’t think Ireland had castles. Bet it cost a bundle to restore and modernise inside. So where does Enya do her recording sessions at home because I’d have no doubt she’s got her own studio and Warner Bros is the recorded label that she publishers her albums on. So you say Bono is a stone throw away. So, Queen Eyna, lives here and King Bono, live down the road.

Built to commemorate Queen Victoria interesting how you learn a little bit each day on history, I was dreadful at it, at school.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Interesting - Amazon US has the correct spelling of the Album title ...

http://www.amazon.com/Winter-Came-Enya/dp/B001EI5CA0/
    And Winter Came...

Enya (Artist)
    More about this product
    List Price: $18.98 Price: $9.99
    So - are you a fan of her earlier works?
    Got any favorites among those older albums?

Fancy any of her older work with Clannad?

I saw Clannad in DC when they toured for the Sirius album years ago, but she'd already left by then ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enya
    Yeah I would pretty much say so I have two albums that get played quite regularly I was only listening to Shepard Moons last nice twice once downstairs with my neighbour, who I help set-up a small Hi-Fi stereo system yesterday a Tech stereo amplifier and two small Eltax Monitor III that had surprisingly good bass mid and sweet loud highs.

After I left I came back upstairs to my flat with the neighbour because he wanted to look at some DJ PA gear on the internet, after he left I played my own copy of the same CD. I also have Anywhere is and I just like her angels sweet voice wow it mellows me and its got good bass.

First time I heard her music was around 1988 “Orinoco Flow” and from that moment I knew I found something to chill out on now and then.

One of my LaserDiscs (I've sill got a ton of 'em) is Enya: Moon Shadows. I play it a couple of times a year. It's quite a treat if you ask me.
    Out.

One of my LaserDiscs (I've sill got a ton of 'em) is Enya: Moon Shadows. I play it a couple of times a year. It's quite a treat if you ask me.
    wasn't Moon Shadows by Cat the Stevens ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

You are correct Madam:

"Moon Shadow" was Yusuf Islam's (or Cat Stevens) song title in 1971.

"Shepherd Moons" was Enya's album from 1991.

JBL 4645
    You suck Dome you’ve got Eyna on laserdisc guess this is from the music laserdisc selection and that was quite large catalogue of tittles, I have laserdisc AZ guild around somewhere from 1994 1995 I think, I’ll have to look for it.

wasn't Moon Shadows by Cat the Stevens ...
    Cat yeah by the way pm sent early this morning or don’t you read pm no more and lets keep it in the pm. Cat Stevens never heard of him till now?

Some of her music has cropped in films like Far And Away (1992) “book of days” and The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) ”May it be”.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Wow now that’s a nice castle didn’t think Ireland had castles.
    Are you having a laugh, this place is full of them (literally).

Here's one I photographed that's quite near me. It's a little tiddler that's "only" 400 years old.

Most are 13th century Norman ones like the one below that's hidden away with barely a tourist sign to show anyone how to find it. This is the front but the whole thing is rather massive and wouldn't look out of place in Braveheart! I plan to buy a metal detector one day when I have more time to explore.

JBL 4645
    Andyoz hi there and good afternoon

Excellent idea a metal detector I’m sure the museum would pay for rare antiques I wouldn’t be surprised if a few castles are underneath the ground and just forgotten in time.

Good foundations I mean some are still standing and only need the right person to come along with the funds and restore them.

Last time I saw visited a castle and for the 3rd or 4th time was a few years ago. Corfe castle here in Dorset unfortunately Lord Ashley doenst have JBL studio up on the hillside LOL it's open all year round and ran by, the national trust, I think.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-corfecastle

There is a Motte going around it I, think they used the castle as some kind of defence not sure who but, chances are they where uninvited guests.

How did we get here? Come on I want to see Eyna's castle and studio.

JBL 4645
    you quoted both tiDome and I but didn't mentioned who got the PM -
    doesn't seem to be me ... unlessen you typoed my name ..

Oh, no you don’t I sent a pm last night Heather check please and lets keep it in the pm, its okay guys nothing kinky going on.

I’m going downstairs see the neighbour back in jiffy.

Enya: Moon Shadows LD

Get it? A Shadow of Shepherd Moons? Contains five music videos.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Out.

Cat Stevens

Moon Shadow is a single song on the Album Tea for the Tillerman.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

JBL 4645
    again, I got no PM from you ...
    Well that is most strange unless my pm is full up on the outgoing or maybe it’s something other??
    No I just checked the pm and its still there I have around 42 received and 24 sent.

Thread Information