Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Soundcraftsmen Score

I saw no smoke cloud off to the West, so I assume all went well?

I'd be curious to know how sticky the slide pots are after all those years of dormancy. My DX4200s that get fairly constant use are often tough to budge off their positions for minute adjustments. They move fine, once moving. That's why I've come to prefer the pots on the later stuff like the Pro-EQ-44, but I still love all my old Soundcraftsmen stuff all the way back to my original (bought new) PE2217. Still sounds great after all these years. Bought it to replace a Mac C-20 I still have, too. Just stepped up from adjustable record compensation controls and variable loudness to the built-in EQ while losing the tubes.

Nice to see one in such nice shape go to a good home for a reasonable price!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

The pots were VERY firm.

Nothing blew up (yet), but I simply powered it up, tested the receptacle outputs, then hooked up a DVD player and headphones. The result wasn't promising, but it might just be the headphones or jack. I'll need to do more experimentation.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    hooked up a DVD player and headphones. The result wasn't promising, but it might just be the headphones or jack. I'll need to do more experimentation.
    Should get ample headphone volume as low as 9 o'clock on the volume pot. Both headphone jacks should sound the same though I think one cuts the pre-amp-out to the power amp. I'm sure you know how the rest of the switches operate to make the noise come out the right hole! NIB probably means a manual, too, right? Don't think I ever had one for that model.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Was this the beginning of the end for Soundcraftsmen??

Saw this and thought of this thread; shouldn't this have signaled the end of the revered brand?

Name:  727db6 (1).JPG
Views: 2230
Size:  26.7 KB

It's bad enough when they take your company over and add their name to yours, but couldn't they at least spell yours correctly???

What's next?

Name:  jlb_logo.jpg
Views: 1614
Size:  33.2 KB

That last bit should read

"JLB by Harmon"

What unit is that?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Saw this and thought of this thread; shouldn't this have signaled the end of the revered brand?

Name:  727db6 (1).JPG
Views: 2230
Size:  26.7 KB

It's bad enough when they take your company over and add their name to yours, but couldn't they at least spell yours correctly???

What's next?

Name:  jlb_logo.jpg
Views: 1614
Size:  33.2 KB
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    What unit is that?
    CD100 Pro

Name:  soundcraftmen CD100Pro.jpg
Views: 2129
Size:  65.8 KB

Ah, yes. Thanks.
    Out.

Just saw

I just saw your pics of the Soundcraftsmen units you got a few years ago and I'm very jealous. What a fined it was.

Pro CD 750

The pic of your CD 100 Pro looks a lot like my Pro CD 750.

I hope someone still looks that this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by racinoffrd View Post
    I hope someone still looks that this thread.
    Folks do - but its a holiday weekend and Lansing Forums aren't the most high-activity site on the web -
    Patience - and give it a few days!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I just saw your pics of the Soundcraftsmen units you got a few years ago and I'm very jealous. What a fined it was.
    Not sure to what part of this four-year-long thread you refer to. I posted the photos of the CD 100 but I don't own one. That's one SC piece I can do without. I would love a Pre-Receiver with remote control though; the Pro-PT 5. I have the PT-3 in my kids' room.

Here I am again in 2014. I think the Pro CD 750 looks much better than the Pro CD100. It's all black on the face and it doesn't have handles. If you would like to see it, I have a pic. of mine in the photo gallery. I love mine and it sounds great. I just hope I don't have any problems with it. Soundcraftsmen equipment is hard enough too get fixed, I would fate to any problems with it. By the way if there is anyone out there with an owners manual. I would love a copy. I misplaced all my manuals. BTW BMWCCA I was referring to the Soundcraftsmen equipment (I believe it was a P100 and a A100) that someone bought still in the original boxes. That was amazing.

Here I am again in 2014. I think the Pro CD 750 looks much better than the Pro CD100. It's all black on the face and it doesn't have handles. If you would like to see it, I have a pic. of mine in the photo gallery.
    Thanks but no need. I'm not wedded to Soundcraftsmen other than what they do well. The CD never impressed me and they seem to have more than their fair share of problems, but then what old CD players don't? Now that I have a stand-alone DAC I find I can run just about any transport and love the sound. I have a $57 new Sony universal player with coax output to my Emotiva DAC and a new $150 TEAC single-disc CD player with USB iPod interface that works very well, far beyond its price point.

Thread Information