Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L19's are....GREAT!

cary
    I have owned a pair of L19's for about seven years. I recapped the crossover, changed the input jacks to gold five ways, and upgraded the internal wires. It is one of my favorite speakers, great mid range, good bass, and nice highs. I am presently powering them with a Bottlehead SEX amp (2 watts).

I heard L-19's @ small AK event not long ago. I must say I thought they were the best sounding small speaker demo. Up stream gear was vintage Marantz & such, but I tell ya there was some decent speakers bieng demoed & lotsa Altec & JBL. These stood in the small ish class of speaker. Never would have thought.
    Joe

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by JANDG View Post
    Never would have thought.
    Classic example of loudspeaker performance that substantially exceeds the sum of its parts. Fantastic little loudspeaker system that stands the test of time.

cary
    Last year in Sacramento at an AK event I presented my L19's and Bottlehead SEX amp. I received many complements on the quality of sound and many were surprised that the L19's were powered with only 2 watts. In fact one of the door prizes were a pair of L19's. Several friends who have heard them also are amazed how well they sound. The L19 is a very nice sounding speaker in a medium size package and low cost.

Owned these speakers for a short while until passing them onto my sister... I must say that amoungst vintage JBL, including the coveted L100, they were the most balanced and offered the best bang for the buck for such a compact system. Sounded 2x as large as they were... with a quality subwoofer, you could have a true top-end speaker system for well under $1k.. and as they stand, the bass output is adequate for a small room... perhaps the world's best bedroom speaker!
    JBL L15
    Parting Out>>JBL Athena S99

Thread Information