Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US vs. EU ebay

US vs. EU ebay

Hi all,

When looking through the US ebay pages and found an interesting JBL (or other) part......the bottom lines very often shows "shipping only to US".

Sometimes it's hard in cause of good stuff.

Otherwise it maybe the same from the US side...I don't know.

Here's my offer:

Anybody from this fantastic forum found something and does the hit......you can use me as your bridge to your home.

I hope that my german or european buddies in this forum will do the same.

Please let me know your thoughts.

HP

HP

I meant to reply to this awhile ago, but got busy ( out of "site" out of mind).

If you need a person here in the US to help you get stuff, let me know. I work alot and travel also, BUT, If I can help I certainly would offer my assistance ( just no 4435's or 4350's please, the wife would shoot me - ha). well, on the other hand email first and I'll take my chances.

Goes for anyone out there not in the US. Just email me first to see if I'm going to be here. I may not always be able to do this, but if I can, I will.

I think it's a great idea you have.

Greetings
    rick

US---EU ebay

Originally posted by JBLnsince1959
    HP

If you need a person here in the US to help you get stuff, let me know. I work alot and travel also, BUT, If I can help I certainly would offer my assistance ( just no 4435's or 4350's please, the wife would shoot me - ha). well, on the other hand email first and I'll take my chances.

Goes for anyone out there not in the US. Just email me first to see if I'm going to be here. I may not always be able to do this, but if I can, I will.

I think it's a great idea you have.

Greetings
    rick
    Thanks a lot Rick,...thats what I mean.

Of cause I ask before bidding on something, how this can be handled.

thanks again

HP

HP:

I'm not completely sure as yet. , But we can work out the details as time goes on. I'll have to do some research here on my end about shipping or mailing stuff to Europe and else where

as far as money ( for the shipping), I can ( finally) get my paypal account finished and we can use that to transfere funds for the shipping. Or if you have better ways, let me know.

I'll only ask exactly what it cost me and send copies of the receipts of course.

Anyway, I think it's a very good idea and I'll do what I can to help.

take care
    rick

US ---> EU ebay

Originally posted by JBLnsince1959
    HP:

as far as money ( for the shipping), I can ( finally) get my paypal account finished and we can use that to transfere funds for the shipping. Or if you have better ways, let me know.

I'll only ask exactly what it cost me and send copies of the receipts of course.

Anyway, I think it's a very good idea and I'll do what I can to help.

take care
    rick
    Hi again Rick,

you took the words out of my mouth.

I'm also a PayPal'er, and you are absolutely right.

My thread for this theme wasn't with a look to an actual deal.....only when the right stuff is in ebay.
    But nice to know that this way will work.
    BTW: I have at the time a very little business with Bo, who was so kind to send me some 2240 terminals.

HP

PS: where are you located? "KS"= Kansas?

HP:

"My thread for this theme wasn't with a look to an actual deal.....only when the right stuff is in ebay. "

Understand....

Yes, KS = Kansas. I'm in a suburd of Kansas City on the Southwest side

rick

leif
    I have also been frustrated about this "only shipping within USA" thing. And I dont see the reason why they do so.
    I have missed out several good items, and have mailed the sellers that I am willing to transfer money to his account before he send the parcel. But for some reason, they do not want to do it.
    A while ago, I wanted to buy a pair of 4435 on ebay. I contacted a shipping company here in Norway. They offered to arrange for picking up the speakers from the sellers house, packing them, shipping them to Norway and bring them home in my living room. It would cost of course, but I was willing to pay.
    But NO, the seller did not want to sell outside USA...
    Argh....

US----> EU ebay

Originally posted by leif
    I have also been frustrated about this "only shipping within USA" thing. And I dont see the reason why they do so.
    I have missed out several good items, and have mailed the sellers that I am willing to transfer money to his account before he send the parcel. But for some reason, they do not want to do it.
    Hi Leif,

regards to norway....

if you are able to do it like Rick (as writen in the above thread)
    just give a sign and we (at this time Rick and me) logg you in in our little "Network" . I just look for a world map to needle the points where those guys are positioned. At this time I only need two needles incl. me.

HP

HP

I can understand their hesitation as there maybe a lot of issues they don't want to deal with ( import duties, taxes etc) and they just want to make a "quick" buck, and shipping overseas may be a lot of work on this end.

There will be issues that will come up if we do this. Like - "should we open the box and check if it's in good shape or if they really shipped what was ofered for sale? But if we open the box to check, then are we responible for broken stuff or wrong stuff etc". I know I've bought stuff on ebay and it's not exactly what was promised and then a BIG hassel followed.

It can get complicated if something goes wrong and of course we don't want to get in war of words or bad feelings between the members here. This would take a certain level of trust on everyones side.

I understand your frusration tho about not having stuff where you live, there are many good speakers not found in the US here. Sometimes I wished I lived in Japan so I could hear them or buy them if I wanted

well, got to get to work. We'll talk later.

take care
    rick

leif
    Yes I can uderstand if the seller do not get his money before he send it.
    But in my case with the 4435, I offered to send him the money ahead. So he would have the money in his hand while he still had the speakers home in his house. And he did not have to pack them or do nothing. He only had to be home to open the door to his house when reps from the shipping company come to collect them.
    Why he did not want to do it that way, I dont know. I was willing to pay the price he wanted for them. And what deal could be easier and more safe for him than this one? I dont know.

I have done quite a lot of buying and selling in Norway, and have always paid ahead of shipping. And for all the years, it has never ever been a problem.

Thanks to you Germany for offering to help me out next time.
    Auf widersehen.

Leif Arild

Re: US----> EU ebay

Originally posted by Hofmannhp
    Hi Leif,

regards to norway....

if you are able to do it like Rick (as writen in the above thread)
    just give a sign and we (at this time Rick and me) logg you in in our little "Network" . I just look for a world map to needle the points where those guys are positioned. At this time I only need two needles incl. me.

HP
    I would follow gladly the network. I am still on the search for two 2245H. perhaps can me someone help?

Greetings
    Ralf
    16 Hz can not be substituted

Re: Re: US----> EU ebay

Originally posted by Ralf
    I would follow gladly the network. I am still on the search for two 2245H. perhaps can me someone help?

Greetings
    Ralf
    Hi Ralf,

nice to read this....

I will put the third needle into the map, but where in germany?

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Ralf:

If you find a pair in the US, I'll help of course. I'll also look for a pair here for you, but most of my searches are on ebay which you can do. If you find a pair and they don't want to ship outside the US, just have them shipped to me and I'll get them to you.

take care
    rick

Re: Re: US----> EU ebay

Originally posted by Ralf

Greetings
    Ralf
    Hi Ralf,

try this:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...category=21994

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

4435 available

Originally posted by leif
    Yes I can uderstand if the seller do not get his money before he send it.
    But in my case with the 4435, I offered to send him the money ahead. So he would have the money in his hand while he still had the speakers home in his house.
    I have done quite a lot of buying and selling in Norway, and have always paid ahead of shipping. And for all the years, it has never ever been a problem.

Thanks to you Germany for offering to help me out next time.
    Auf widersehen.

Leif Arild
    Hi Leif,

have you seen the 4435 in ebay (see my thread in Marketplace)?

HP

Thread Information