Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has ringing in the ears?

I've had tinnitus since I was very young. I would get ear infections and my ears would plug up all the time. At an early age when my hearing was tested I found out that I had a 15 -20 % loss in my right ear. It was this ear that I had the ringing in. It was very high pitched around 15K Hz and most of the time not noticeable unless I was in a very quiet room. My hearing in my left ear was quite good for a number of years and I tried to avoid loud noises. In 1995 I went to a Neil Diamond concert in Seattle at Key Arena. The music was just right volume wise, I thought to myself this was alright. We sat up in one of the nose bleed sections. Later in the concert, Neil got the crowd going and they got LOUD. I came out there and my ears were ringing like crazy and everthing sounded muffled.
    Ever since that concert my left ear hearing has gone down hill. Now I have the high pitched ringing in both ears and another much lower frequency ringing in my left ear. I have more difficulty now understanding conversations especially in noisey places. I've had my hearing tested probably once or twice in the last 3 years or so.

Larry
    Who plays his L110's at a moderate level.

Here's some photos to illustrate what happens when you damage those little hair cells in the ear...

1) Good Inner Ear

Name:  Good Ear.jpg
Views: 4021
Size:  33.4 KB

2) Damaged Inner Ear

Name:  Bad Ear.jpg
Views: 9131
Size:  44.3 KB

JBL 4645
    Wow never seen anything like that before incredible how did they manage to get images like that, no don’t tell me please makes my skin crawl it does, probably just high powered microscope.

I wonder if they can rejuvenate the hair cells and inject or maybe pill of some type. The lower picture looks like someone did a piss poor lawn mowing of someone’s garden.

Quote Originally Posted by LRBacon View Post
    I've had tinnitus since I was very young. I would get ear infections and my ears would plug up all the time. At an early age when my hearing was tested I found out that I had a 15 -20 % loss in my right ear. It was this ear that I had the ringing in. It was very high pitched around 15K Hz and most of the time not noticeable unless I was in a very quiet room. My hearing in my left ear was quite good for a number of years and I tried to avoid loud noises. In 1995 I went to a Neil Diamond concert in Seattle at Key Arena. The music was just right volume wise, I thought to myself this was alright. We sat up in one of the nose bleed sections. Later in the concert, Neil got the crowd going and they got LOUD. I came out there and my ears were ringing like crazy and everthing sounded muffled.
    Ever since that concert my left ear hearing has gone down hill. Now I have the high pitched ringing in both ears and another much lower frequency ringing in my left ear. I have more difficulty now understanding conversations especially in noisey places. I've had my hearing tested probably once or twice in the last 3 years or so.

Larry
    Who plays his L110's at a moderate level.
    That’s heavy mate blocked up ears was it like puss of mustard colour like puss that smelled? Because I’ve had something similar to that around mid 1990’s to early 2000 haven’t had it in years now, it was as if my ears where sweating and building up this puss.

What I tend to get is part of the Psoriasis grows down around my ear and part the ear cannel and it cursed a slight irritation during the mid 1990’s. I had to dig out a piece of Psoriasis that had grown into tube like form of skin that was rubbing against my ear drum, the doctor said he couldn’t see a thing that was wrong. That was until I managed to retract it.

I often put a small drop of ointment around the ear and just on the inside to the cannel to reduce the build up, so I’m not a happy bunny at all.

JBL 4645
    Update on my tinnitus Saturday 25th though to early hours of Sunday 26th. Tinnitus seems to be extremely soft in fact I can’t hear it at all?

A few days’ earlier I had it for nearly 4 day in row and boy did I feel down in the dumps with it.

It’s a strange medical condition that comes when it pleases then goes away [click fingers] just like that! Weird and I think its down to chemical reaction that the body might be generating? I think its some kind of adrenaline rush or other?

Could be a drink a food of a type? I’ve hardly eaten yesterday and I have been for short walk down the road to diy store. All though yesterday and partly into this day its been 0db no tinnitus, why can’t this be like all days because I hate feeling depressed when it kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Update on my tinnitus Saturday 25th though to early hours of Sunday 26th. Tinnitus seems to be extremely soft in fact I can’t hear it at all?
    You don't have tinnitus. We who got it has it all the time.
    TaDa.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    You don't have tinnitus. We who got it has it all the time.
    TaDa.
    Oh, morning Rolf, haven’t seen you around here in while.

I have no reason lie. It is now 09:26 hours Sunday 26th and I have mild high pitch kinder soft sounding. I woke up this morning did some cleaning with the brush and vacuum cleaner. About 6 or minutes later I noticed it creeping back in [sigh].

I’m not sure what triggers it off its puzzling? It seems tinnitus as its own individualism it comes and goes when it pleases.

I tell you another strange thing that I’ve noticed is my (right ear) sometimes while sitting upright in the chair I can hear the blood pumping on my right side its kinder creepy and off putting because I can’t concentrate. I haven’t had the thing on the right side since last week.

I thought maybe I stained myself lifting something heavy in the past and it’s cursed a slight minor problem. Nothing to worry or concern yourself about Rolf, I ‘m a grown man I can handle myself, but it does become taxing on the nerves.

Since I started typing this message the pitch as increased slightly 09:37 I guess (it’s me) banging away on the keyboard LOL. No it doesn’t help banging on the keyboard LOL

I don’t know about the rest of you guys? I think I’m going to have miserable Sunday, with this sodden (tinnitus) not that it makes any difference its overcast its damp cold and its raining outside.
    [Sigh]

Obsolete
    Allergies. Sinus pressure can cause ringing in the ears. Try an antihistamine or decongestant. Avoid dairy products at night. Reduce sugar intake.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Allergies. Sinus pressure can cause ringing in the ears. Try an antihistamine or decongestant. Avoid dairy products at night. Reduce sugar intake.
    Hmm, interesting so there can be several curses to the ring in the ears.

I’ve just finished breakfast with four eggs fried eggs and some bread and butter. I rarely drink milk thou I think I should its good they say for teeth. Thou I tend to drink Robinsons blackcurrant fruit drink a lot.

I don’t drink smoke do or do drugs and yet I’m cursed with the tinnitus it’s a curse.

So the Robinsons blackcurrant fruit has traces of sugar in it. Basically I’m fucked LOL I could go back to drinking sparkling mineral water I don’t have a problem with that at all.

On top of tinnitus, I have to take a black marker and write the letters on my keytops as large as possible.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    I've read that B12 and C can help with tinitus.
    My left ear started ringing about 2 years ago, it comes and goes to the point its either stopped or is so low I don't notice it. Other times its quite loud.

Can't imagine why, played the stereo loud since I was 13 or 14, during the 3 years in Special Forces I fired most every weapon known to the army, had a demolitions MOS, and being in construction for 37 years since.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by jblsound View Post
    I've read that B12 and C can help with tinitus.
    My left ear started ringing about 2 years ago, it comes and goes to the point its either stopped or is so low I don't notice it. Other times its quite loud.

Can't imagine why, played the stereo loud since I was 13 or 14, during the 3 years in Special Forces I fired most every weapon known to the army, had a demolitions MOS, and being in construction for 37 years since.
    If you do a search you’ll find information relating to the military. I think it’s the U.S. Navy where a diver was exposed to15 minutes I think I read 180db (LFA) Low Frequency Antenna. Afterwards he was feeling dizzy had chest pains slight bit of loss of hearing I’d say the poor bugger is fucked up no thanks to the U.S. government and there evil experiments.

This LFA also harms (marine life) “a deaf whale is no better then dead whale” I think that’s the quote from what I can remember reading 9 years ago. LFA has high output of 240db!!!! U.S. Navy turn it off or turn it way down to 70db or get out of the Oscan and stop killing marine life!

If you do a search you’ll find information relating to the military. I think it’s the U.S. Navy where a diver was exposed to15 minutes I think I read 180db (LFA) Low Frequency Antenna. Afterwards he was feeling dizzy had chest pains slight bit of loss of hearing I’d say the poor bugger is fucked up no thanks to the U.S. government and there evil experiments.

This LFA also harms (marine life) “a deaf whale is no better then dead whale” I think that’s the quote from what I can remember reading 9 years ago. LFA has high output of 240db!!!! U.S. Navy turn it off or turn it way down to 70db or get out of the Oscan and stop killing marine life!
    WHAT?? What ARE you trying to say ...?
    Your weird rant has apparently NO RELATION to the "poor bugger" that played music loud for many years, "during the 3 years in Special Forces fired most every weapon known to the army,and in construction for 37 years since." and had some tinitus afterwards ...
    He was not some ding dang whale in the oscan (sic) .. tho I suppose you meant OCEAN.

You want to rant like that?
    Go find the Up all night Roswell wackanuts chatrooms, not the JBL speaker forums ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I have had periods when the ringing comes and goes, but it motivated me to do some research into why and how it is triggered. Stress, diet, blood sugar, general health can all be factors ... Why not do some of your own research into helping the body's healing response to tinnitus. Some, but not all tinnitus, is reverseable through control of candida / fungal overgrowth which can inhibit maintenence & healing of trauma as well as normal wear & tear and does cause inflamation in and of itself. Fish Oil, Citrus & Spice Oils, Chlorella, Turmeric, Co-Q10, MSM, most phytonutrients & natural anti inflammatories can be helpful supplements...YMMV

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    WHAT?? What ARE you trying to say ...?
    Your weird rant has apparently NO RELATION to the "poor bugger" that played music loud for many years, "during the 3 years in Special Forces fired most every weapon known to the army,and in construction for 37 years since." and had some tinitus afterwards ...
    He was not some ding dang whale in the oscan (sic) .. tho I suppose you meant OCEAN.

You want to rant like that? Go find the Up all night Roswell wackanuts chatrooms, not the JBL speaker forums ...
    Good blimey girl what’s eating you? This is this the first time you’ve visited this thread this has to be an historical occasion of epic proportions.

Don’t get your knickers in twist. Do you suffer from high pitch ringing on and off, otherwise stroke one of the pussies and relax.

Besides I don’t like scum chat rooms seems like you have some experience
    with them. "Roswell" yeah I’m sure (Area 51) is transmitting an ultra high power tinnitus beam all over the world to bugger me and others up.

"Roswell" yeah I’m sure (Area 51) is transmitting an ultra high power tinnitus beam all over the world to bugger me and others up.
    I have a working shield against the Tinnitus Beam, but the neighbors' rays designed to give me headaches and make my bread moldy seem to be getting through.

Clark, wrapped in aluminum foil...
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

Thread Information