Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has ringing in the ears?

Hey, Surefire,

Glad to meet yet another happy L300 owner!!

Your comments, on food exascerbating the ringing in our ears, is very interesting, indeed!! I've never thought of it, but in truth, if you eat poorly, you mess up the potassium/sodium "pump" in your cell structure, and all kinds of bad things begin to happen to your body. So, I can well believe that food has an effect on ringing in the ears. Thanks for sharing that with us! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Quote Originally Posted by SureFire View Post
    What I did discover is the intensity of the ringing has more to do with the FOOD you eat than the noise around you.
    Yes, from the research I have done, there are many things that can affect it.

You have to remember that hearing is one of the bodies "senses" and is affected by your bodies general state of health. Compare it to your eyes for example, if you don't sleep well then you eye sight starts to blur, etc. Apparently, tiredness can also affect your hearing. I can see how diet would be very important to your hearing and it could make an existing tinnitus conditon worse.

I have it for years too. I am 52. My father had it also. I know I went to too many concerts , loud car stereos, LOUD head sets, favorite place to hear music was in front of speakers and "fall asleep" at parties.

I am was suggested to take a baby aspirin a day as part of my cholesterol/heart health and quit taking it. It was really much worse. I now where plugs for any work I do even just mowing the lawn, at concerts anytime it might be even just a possibility that that it is too loud.

Some days worse than others, didn't think about food as much. Do others have known food/causes such as aspirin that make it worse or better??

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by opimax View Post
    Do others have known food/causes such as aspirin that make it worse or better??
    Many drugs, particularly prescription pain killers, can cause mild temporary tinnititus. They're often mentioned on the info sheets, though I imagine you could get some good results with an Internet search.

John

Environmental conditions?

I noticed that right before I answer the phone I hear a ringing in my ears.
    Out.

No problem here

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    The ringing in my ears really bothered me until the voices in my head started supressing it by 2dB...

JBL 4645
    Well if you what to know about today I’ve had it mild. I can still hear a slight mild high pitch low level very low in level on my left side, right now while typing this, other than that I’m trying not to let it get to me.

Anyone seen Innerspace (1987) where Martin Short starts hearing things like "I hear this little voice talking to me" while disguising it with his doctor, damn funny
    Jack “But this little voice is talking to me”
    Doctor “See that's just it. Demons talk though you not to you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post

Too much loud music, years working on drilling rigs, guns...you name it.

Mine is really bad, but I'm sort of used to it I guess. Definitely blocks out certain frequencies, the power back up on the server was going out and beeping like mad and I never heard it. My office is closest to it, people all the way down the hall heard it and I never did. It's mainly ringing, but also other noises. Sometimes it sounds like crickets or cicadas or something, and then I realize it was the dead of winter and no bugs to be heard.

No telling what the EQ on my music sounds like to other people

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    Too much loud music, years working on drilling rigs, guns...you name it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post

Mine is really bad, but I'm sort of used to it I guess. Definitely blocks out certain frequencies, the power back up on the server was going out and beeping like mad and I never heard it. My office is closest to it, people all the way down the hall heard it and I never did. It's mainly ringing, but also other noises. Sometimes it sounds like crickets or cicadas or something, and then I realize it was the dead of winter and no bugs to be heard.

No telling what the EQ on my music sounds like to other people

I think it should be really enforced when buying hi-fi or PA ware these ear plugs during loud moments, quitter softer levels is okay without the ear plugs, its no joy believe me. Too damn bright I would imagine. They say a type of food or mineral vitamin can help to relax it, orange juice with vitamin C so it maybe a good type to start buying Florida orange juice.

I got it a bit tonight plus that guitar thing that has something to do with pressure, it feels like I got out of the wrong side of the decompression chamber.

I have had tinitus for 20 years.
    There is no cure for this--period.
    I am now extremely careful and wear plugs even when driving. I avoid loud sounds especially saw tooth.

HERE'S THE STRANGE THING. I seem to be able to mix better now than ever and music sounds the same to me as it always did.

I have tests taken every year and am very aware of my state of hearing. The main thing is I've learned to compensate for any deficiency. The only handicap I feel I have is, my ears fatigue much faster now.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    The only handicap I feel I have is, my ears fatigue much faster now.
    Other than a couple of short bouts of temporary ringing in the ears after concerts, I have been very fortunate not to develop any appreciable hearing loss or tinnititis over all of these years of listening to music at moderate to loud levels and working in wood and machine shops. But I absolutely find my ears fatigue much faster now than when I was younger.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    ...I absolutely find my ears fatigue much faster now than when I was younger.
    It makes sense, I guess. The cartilaginous material of the middle ear is less flexible with age. Just like other joints... Likewise, the hair bundles in the cochlea are incredibly fragile and surely increasingly vulnerable.

But let's not ignore the (deleterious...? ) advances in SR. Line arrays are by-design astonishingly efficient in projection of sound. No longer do you have to be "on the rail" to get blasted - it can happen hundreds of yards back from stage as well...

[quote= Line arrays are by-design astonishingly efficient in projection of sound. No longer do you have to be "on the rail" to get blasted - it can happen hundreds of yards back from stage as well... [/quote]

Yeah,aint it GREAT

Oldmics

Perfect hearing from 10 hz-D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmics View Post
    Perfect hearing from 10 hz-D.C.

You and a few other Lansing Heritage members.

Widget

Thread Information