Thread: Which integrated amp to power JBL Century Gold

Which integrated amp to power JBL Century Gold

I'm looking for the best integrated solution to drive my new pair of JBL Century Gold (200w continuous recommended@ 6 Ohms). I like to listen to music at low level with rich sound, deep bass and sharp details, but I also want enough power for higher levels.
    Budget is 2000 USD max. Second hand gear is not a problem.
    Some friends recommend these brands and models : Perreaux 200i, Krell KAV300, Brinkmann integrated, Flying Mole...
    Perreaux is hard to find but it seems that this brand really have to be considered for using with JBL monitors, any opinions ?
    If you own Century Gold speakers, which amplifier do you use ?

Bruno GINARD

amp 4 Jbl

Hi

If you can find an integrated PLINIUS 9100 Or 9200.... try it. I don't really know what speakers are used by the plinius team, but it works very well with JBL....

Krell is a little bit "hard" in the highs...

REgards

hey!

what i learned is that a well built amp, if it is made to do its job right (straight lining), wont do nothing to the sound except for making it louder (ok, tubeamps are excluded here).
    so my humble opinion is that you choose a product you like because its built well, or looks handsome, or has a good feel to it and check if its powerful enough for your system (its never really enough though).
    i would try to get an amp from the same era as the speakers are, and from the same country as well -for the hell of it:
    mcintosh!!

cheers from vienna,
    mikey

Amps for Century Gold

Quote Originally Posted by concentric View Post
    I'm looking for the best integrated solution to drive my new pair of JBL Century Gold (200w continuous recommended@ 6 Ohms). I like to listen to music at low level with rich sound, deep bass and sharp details, but I also want enough power for higher levels.
    Budget is 2000 USD max. Second hand gear is not a problem.
    Some friends recommend these brands and models : Perreaux 200i, Krell KAV300, Brinkmann integrated, Flying Mole...
    Perreaux is hard to find but it seems that this brand really have to be considered for using with JBL monitors, any opinions ?
    If you own Century Gold speakers, which amplifier do you use ?

I have owned a pair of Century Gold for 18 months now and find them truly excellent. I have powered them using 2 x Naim NAP 160 amplifiers in single amp mode passive, bi-amp passive and bi-amp active using a DBX223XL crossover.

Thread Information