Hey, just received a pair of L56's, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330264330851

These are nearly flawless cabs and grills. Look like they are a year old. The 188H woofers still have the original surrounds, which look OK but feel kind of brittle and "thin". If you're not aware, these have the 034 tweets, XO at 2.2K, which is too low for the 034. (The L46 has a 3K XO, the L15 has a 2.5K XO.)

Anyway, there some significant distortion in the mids when I crank up the power. Right about where vocals or a piano would be. Driving them with a Carver M 500t (250 WPC). At lower volume, they sound fine, though you can hear the 034s struggling at times. I can pretty much narrow it down to one of the 188Hs, and once it starts it keeps doing it for a bit. There's no rubbing or scraping in the driver when I push on the dust cover. It really does sound like a physical issue and I can actually see the cone vibrating. The offending driver does feel a little softer to push on than the other one.

So I'm wondering if this could be the surround, or if the XO might be at fault. It's clearly not a good sound. The drivers all sound great otherwise.

In general, these are pretty nice sounding for a 2-way, though you can hear the mid-range hole. I'm looking forward to getting a pair of L46s, I expect them to be the best of the 2-ways.