Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: JBL unveils new LS series Loudspeakers

Fall 2008???

:dont-know

Got some on the way

I have an LS Center on its way from France. This will be the third center in my Studio series 7.1. The first was the S-Center, which sounded best when it was turned down or off. Next was the Infinity Beta C-360, which was much nicer. I set the volume at the same level as the rest of the speakers and it was a nice match with the Studio series. I use this set up for movies now and then, but it's tuned for music.

It’s been said here and there that the center speaker should be the most capable of speakers in a
    5/7.1. I was looking at the Project Array center, but there’s just no way. I don’t know how the LC-2 compares with the Infinity, but I want to try a better center and see what happens. I don’t think there’s one of these to be found in the USA. It should be here in 10 or 12 days and I'll be back some time after that.

How much is the shipping from France? And what was the price of the center?
    Living in the Land of the Sun

http://www.expansys-usa.com/p.aspx?i...artner=froogle

The shipping from France is included in the price. I'm only paying for them to ship it from Illinois to Kansas. About $58.00 for shipping.

Originally posted by jbl sound
    Make good speakers better, Charge-Couple 'em
    Love my charge coupled 100s.

Been hanging out with the LS Center for 2 days now. It is starting to break in and sounds a lot better than it did last night. It made more of a difference than I expected. When I had the S-Center, it made me think about a nice vintage Marshall or Fender tube amp. This was great when listening to guitars and a lot of instrumental stuff. Not so hot when listening to female vocals. The Infinity fixed the problem with the vocals and everything sounded better. It sounded good 98% of the time, but sometimes, it was a little too fat and had some other quirks. Some of the oddities were kind of cool and I was afraid I would miss them (this only happened with Logic 7, no such problems with PL2X). As it continues to break in, the LS center is working so good with the Studio stuff and Logic 7 that I will probably sell the Infinity. IMHO the LS Center would be great in many different JBL configurations

I listened to it by itself first. By itself, the Infinity sounded a lot better. This may be a dubious comparison since I was playing the Infinity for a few months when I played it by itself. Also, the Infinity has much more bass extension. In the surround system, none of this seems to matter. The LS Center with its –3 DB point @ 85hz makes it similar to the Performance Series in some ways. Since it is rated down to 50hz, unlike the Performance Series, I’m running it without any kind of high pass. Looking at it, there is a distinct Everest vibe. I think some of that technology made it into this box. The tones that I heard tonight also makes this believable. The woofers cover from mid-bass to the upper end of female vocals. Even with less bass content, the quality of the mid-bass had a huge impact on the character of the low end. The 2241H sounds seriously better. I couldn’t get enough of Stanley Clarke tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusnzha View Post
    Been hanging out with the LS Center for 2 days now. It is starting to break in and sounds a lot better than it did last night. It made more of a difference than I expected.

The LS Center with its –3 DB point @ 85hz makes it similar to the Performance Series in some ways. Since it is rated down to 50hz, unlike the Performance Series, I’m running it without any kind of high pass. Looking at it, there is a distinct Everest vibe. I think some of that technology made it into this box. The tones that I heard tonight also makes this believable. The woofers cover from mid-bass to the upper end of female vocals. Even with less bass content, the quality of the mid-bass had a huge impact on the character of the low end. The 2241H sounds seriously better. I couldn’t get enough of Stanley Clarke tonight.
    Glad you like the LS, it should be better being a higher end unit.

The difference between the LS and PS is the PS is designed for wall mounting, as well as free standing. As such the PS is -6db @ 80htz, to compensate for boundry gain when wall mounted, thus bringing it back to -3db @ 80htz.

Of coarse the fact the LS is horn loaded would also make a difference in the sound compared to the S or Studio L, PS series.
    Living in the Land of the Sun

Continuing to break in nicely. Works great with Logic-7.
    WAF = +, win-win

Becoming more consistent as break in continues. It should be well on its way by now. Checked out Sade Lovers Live DVD last night. She sounded good on the Infinity center, but brought out its problems more than just about anything else that I played. I would try PL2X in the rough spots, but I always had to go back to Logic 7 in spite of the intermittent problems that came with it. PL2X sounds great until you switch to Logic 7 even if it is only working at 80%. Sade sounded better than ever with the LS center and Logic 7 is something to hear when it works this well. There was a warmth and clarity in her voice that was mind blowing. It was so easy to turn off the crap in my mind and just sit back and dig it. It shows the capabilities HK 7300 receiver and complements the studio stuff and the 2241h better than I could have imagined – highly recommended!

I did some searches and saw it selling in Japan for about $1500 USD. This makes what I paid for it look real good.

Looks really cool & sounds like you are really enjoying it!

The thread's gotten long and you didn't post a picture of it in your home,
    so I thought it at least worth reposting the picture and link to the specs,
    just to put the discussion in perspective.

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/pro...cat=CLA&ser=LS
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Here's some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Where does a guy find these? I can't seem to find them on the pro or consumer website. What is their nomenclature?
    BTW, congrats on the killer new system.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    I found there ugly mug shot it isn’t pretty.

No that’s not LARGE enough. My money is on and even thou I’m strapped for cash its on the JBL cinema professional range.

Thing is I don’t like mismatched speakers no matter what the manufacture says. To me matching is religious thing for LCR no matter how small or large matching LCR.

Mike Ronesia
    I think someone did a google search and found a store that would import them. I do not believe they were launched here in the US.

Mike Ronesia
    here is a link to there specs on the JBL Europe site.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ronesia View Post
    here is a link to there specs on the JBL Europe site.
    Thanks!

I bought mine through this link, but now it goes to a list of European Expansys branches. The ones I looked at weren't in English . Good luck!

Thread Information