Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL unveils new LS series Loudspeakers

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    But I'm simply beating that dead horse again.
    My feeling is that they should, at the very least, offer everything on their website, even if it's at MSRP.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    No, I know how to write them and do -
    I mean, how do we make it HAPPEN!
    Good question. Unfortunately it's a long process that doesn't jive well with an addiction to instant gratification. I mean Jimmy Carter was talking about every single problem we face right now some 25 years ago! We've done nothing! It's pretty hilarious actually. A whole bunch of people have to be on the same page to get anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    My feeling is that they should, at the very least, offer everything on their website, even if it's at MSRP.
    Well, since their "dealer network" (such that it is) seemingly sells next-to-negligible volume, why not make "list price" actually reflect "street price" and sell it at that price. I hate to always use Apple as an example (wanted to buy their stock at under $90 the other day and may yet get another chance) but their retailers offer limited discounts off "list" price and yet everyone wants their products on their shelves. And Apple still manages to sell on-online and operate their own stores, too. I don't know how much profit there can be in a $45 MP3 player but I think I save at least $1.50 if I buy it at Sam's Club.

Or does quoting prices 50% above street prices somehow make this stuff look more appealing in magazine reviews? I'd love to buy a new pair of JBLs someday. They'd have to provide the sound I expect of JBL from my experience with the older stuff, and they'd have to reflect a reasonable value in the marketplace. Heck, I should be able to pay for them in two months of premiums I won't have to pay once I get my National health insurance! Or, on the off chance thay McPop pulls this one off, maybe Harman could sign-on as a provider and the IRS would send my $5,000 health-insurance rebate directly to Harman. Hearing aids?

So I used the links on the JBL site to ask about the LS80. I got a reply back within hours. Here it is:

I'm sorry but the LS Series of speakers is not yet available
    here in the USA. It is expected to become available, possibly in
    January. Once available, these models can be obtained through our
    Synthesis dealers.

Obsolete
    Interesting...

Without knowing what the production run volumes are for the LS Series, if they're making them in any volume whatsoever, apparently other markets are able to absorb the entire run without needing to sell them here yet. Generally a company will ship products to markets where they sell well first, then seed them into other markets as time and opportunity allow.

If you could produce 1000 units of a product that has a 30% margin on it and sell all 1000 in Japan in one quarter or sell them in the US and hope to move 500 in a year, where would you put them?
    Out.

They may no be able to met demand !

Obsolete
    And remember that most of this stuff isn't made in the United States anymore anyway so it isn't like they were ever physically here in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    And remember that most of this stuff isn't made in the United States anymore anyway so it isn't like they were ever physically here in the first place.
    If its not US made, not US sold and never enters the US,
    does that mean they don't pay US taxes on those resources?

2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    If its not US made, not US sold and never enters the US, ...
    ... the profit goes to US.
    [Do less and accomplish more. ]

Quote Originally Posted by Hoerninger View Post
    ... the profit goes to US.
    I hope so... somebody over here needs to be making a profit.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Well, since their "dealer network" (such that it is) seemingly sells next-to-negligible volume, why not make "list price" actually reflect "street price" and sell it at that price. I hate to always use Apple as an example (wanted to buy their stock at under $90 the other day and may yet get another chance) but their retailers offer limited discounts off "list" price and yet everyone wants their products on their shelves. And Apple still manages to sell on-online and operate their own stores, too. I don't know how much profit there can be in a $45 MP3 player but I think I save at least $1.50 if I buy it at Sam's Club.

Or does quoting prices 50% above street prices somehow make this stuff look more appealing in magazine reviews? I'd love to buy a new pair of JBLs someday. They'd have to provide the sound I expect of JBL from my experience with the older stuff, and they'd have to reflect a reasonable value in the marketplace. Heck, I should be able to pay for them in two months of premiums I won't have to pay once I get my National health insurance! Or, on the off chance thay McPop pulls this one off, maybe Harman could sign-on as a provider and the IRS would send my $5,000 health-insurance rebate directly to Harman. Hearing aids?
    that's some funny stuff right there....

but.... Obama scares me.

looks like a Linea veneer similar to some of ours

Quote Originally Posted by 330indy View Post
    but.... Obama scares me.
    Why? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk5YJkhizRs

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by 330indy View Post
    Obama scares me.
    Obama is harmless.

Cheney and Bush are the truly terrifying couple...

McCain is a maverick and needs his own reality TV show. He and Palin can be mavericks together, drilling oil in far out places and playing "whack a lobbyist" with spent nuclear fuel rods.

Thread Information