Originally posted by scott fitlin
...the Rane GE 30,s have a switch on the back allowing you to choose to run the EQ,s cut/boost or cut only. In the cut only mode the sliders are alll the way to the top for 0db or unity! They also offer active balanced, transformer balanced, or unbalanced input, user selectable. Flexible unit, well made, I just prefer the sound of White!
Hey, pretty cool... Widget's got a pile of Rane's - maybe his have this option and next time the racks are rolled-out, I can get a look. There goes my patent opportunity...! I too, like the quality of White's.

And, I too have a cover over the home EQ - the goldens' keep trying to notch the highs, so [it]that[/i] is over...

But, at one show we did at a few months back I was 'sposed to play harp, but no FOH engineer showed... This was the show were we had no soundcheck. Their built-in racks were all covered - even the EQ's. I figured "OK, they must have 'rung' the house, and we'll be fine...". So, I grabbed FOH and they gave the downbeat... Doh! First song, my swiss army knife had them covers flying outa the way like bad Frisbees, and me and that AudioControl SA-3050A nailed it before the end of the song. What a night... Was sure glad they were graphics in that situation!