Thread: Accuphase P300/C200

Dave G

Cool Accuphase P300/C200

Just got nice Accuphase pre/power combo. Very well made circa 1973. Sounds clean and powerful and is very heavy.

Anybody have any experience of these or would like more info?

Who were/are accuphase?

The current stuff is very big dollar.

Dave

I think that it is very high quality equipment, sort of a Japanese version of Mcintosh. A friend of mine had the same equipment back in the 70s, and I was very impressed with it. eBay buyers seem to place a high value on this equipment too.

Dave G

Accuphase

I can say that these use totally discreet circuits, plug in preamp boards and hard wired controls all a hefty alloy chassis!

Peter W.
    Dave,

You can find more information about Accuphase here:
    http://www.accuphase.com/c-200_e.htm#
    http://www.accuphase.com/p-300_e.htm

They have very nice equipments. I have a E202 integrated amp that I bought in 1977 and still using without any problem. But the SACD/CD player DP85 that I bought a year and a half ago cannot read SACD now and need fixing.

Peter W.

Dave G

Accuphase

With a power amp of that weight I'm not sure where that puts modern 'high power pro amps'

Dave G

Accuphase

By weight I mean these P300 have nearly a farad of power supply Caps. The transformer is ultra heavy. Yet these are only rated at 150 a channel.

Perhaps worth thinking about when compare to the pro amps I own. Not sure if power supplies have gained effeciency since the seventies, I doubt that they have much.

Thread Information