Thread: JBL sub vibrator!

JBL 4645

Talking JBL sub vibrator!

Here’s new way of vibrating the sofa without the need of ear busting lows!

You know if you place a good crossover filter like DCX2496 because its got good filtering and steep range and it can be filtered down to 20Hz if you what to. Place sub bass speaker that is in free space free from the enclosure and place the magnet part against the spine of sofa or couch or find away too conceal within the sofa just as long as the magnet structure is against wood and that will provide a few vibrations.

Be aware of sub bass excursion just as long as you keep it with normal tolerances it should work fine.

Here’s a rough idea of what I mean it’s very simple the vibration from the basket provides a nice sensational feeing. The last time I tried this was early this year in the smaller room. I might give it another go soon just as long as I can get another amplifier and second DCX2496.

This is more than eureka a discovery and worked great with Die Hard 4.0 that more than a few lows below 25Hz also What Lies Beneath will make nights in terrifying!

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    ...it was a good enough idea for there to be several manufacturers of a
    more purpose-specific device Fun experiment though.

Try a google search on "bass shaker" I've experienced what they can do
    beyond a sub, both at Todd & Linda's and at the new Lincoln museum in
    Springfield, Illinois (worth a visit). Interesting effect for certain types of
    movies/presentations.

Cheers
    I’m aware of those products thanks but I’ll stick with JBL in the meantime. JBL is the word.

Heh..OK. As long as you are enjoying your JBL's

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Heh..OK. As long as you are enjoying your JBL's
    I don’t understand why JBL doesn’t get into the vibrating world of butt-kickers? Like I said this was an "eureka a discovery" and it seems to work, try it out but remember to filter the crossover with steep range and lower high pass 80Hz will be too high so work down below that.

By that I mean if you have LCRS mixed into the sub along with LFE.1 thou I would use extreme caution with LCRS LFE.1 as one whole. The centre will give it away because of the dialogue speech and maybe separate high pass for each output channel to filter out anything that would make it localizable.

Thread Information