Thread: JBL at Planet Hollywood London

JBL 4645

Thumbs up JBL at Planet Hollywood London

Here are a few pictures of another JBL installation at London’s Leicester Square (Planet Hollywood) is located on the same side as the Empire Leicester Square only two blocks down. These pictures where taken on Sunday April 20th 2008 of this year and noticeably they had the weather proof JBL control 1 for outside and on the inside JBL control 1 placed around on the lobby area and in the restaurant area as well.

The screening cinema THX approved was closed that day as there wasn’t a technician on duty, the cinema is also a JBL installation, I was meaning to pop on by to see if there was a projectionist on duty early this month, but decided to wait until another time around.

JBL 4645

Thumbs up Planet Hollywood Projection Room

Go behind the scenes with this exclusive inside view.

Planet Hollywood Projection Room
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovI6KnLNc4k

Planet Hollywood Projection Room 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUUvOuHgeFo&feature=related

JBL 4645

Planet Hollywood Friday October 2nd 2009

Planet Hollywood has moved to Haymarket only about a block away on the left hand side.

Away the weather proof JBL control 1, are still attached to the outside of old Planet Hollywood. I mentioned this to the new owner. He asked (Are they any good?)

I said (depending on the foam surround they it might have deteriorated?)

I‘m wondering if they uninstalled the remaining JBL speakers inside Planet Hollywood as I saw no need to go inside, but I wouldn’t at all surprised if they were.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

JBL 4645
    The new Planet Hollywood guess Governor Schwarzenegger doesn’t care about the old Planet Hollywood no more.

The entrance to the REX cinema THX no longer there its all gone Terminated!

Planet Hollywood has been overtaken by window mannequins!

JBL 4645

The new Planet Hollywood PH Haymarket

The New Planet Hollywood that is called “PH” PH!! The logo makes sense thou I could have drawn that it’s easy. A simple circle that represents the world or planet, simple, but really tacky!

Might as well just call it Planet Haymarket!

Still it’s got memorabilia but no where near as the original and that was small Planet Hollywood. I should have taken more pictures of the old one but hey, how was I too know that 5months later the old Planet Hollywood was to be terminated!

JBL 4645
    It’s like Marmite “you ether love it or hate it”. Well I don’t hate it. I just dislike it! Its like a, a, a, I’m speechless its terrible.

This must be the new Terminator used in Terminator Salivation. Its too bad they couldn’t salvage everything from the old Planet Hollywood and keep it to the traditional style and look.

This Terminator is made of plastic! What you thought it was real? I tapped my, knuckle on it. Yeah it sure sounds like the “Tin-Man” too me from “The Wizard of Oz”.

JBL 4645
    What’s more Planet Hollywood I mean PH now uses Martin Audio and it wasn’t that impressive.

The other pictures are too dark and I’ll have to modify them for later post the brightness level in the PH sounds like something to with water PH? Yeah, the lights where very bright inside that cursed havoc in picture taking!

JBL 4645
    R2-D2 as used in Jedi. Thou it does look a bit odd from underneath? I wonder if it’s a plastic mould with no motors inside. I have a very suspicious nature.

I wonder if the motorbike is made of plastic also?

Might as well call it (Plastic Hollywood)! I wonder if this plastic is green friendly.

Thread Information