Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Crown clean enuf for HT?

OK, so it has been 3 weeks since the Crown LSX 802 has been in my 7.1 HT serving an external power amp driving the front two channels in the system.

I'm begining to really appreciate the big head room, clean sound and effortless peformance by the unit (500 watts x 2 into 8 ohm loads). As I memntioned before, I disconnected the fans which were very noisy; the unit runs cool to the touch, however.

All-in-all, it has been a decent acqusition for my system. Right now, I'm considering weather additional purchases of more Crown amps makes sense for me.

I'm leaning aginst the additional acqusitions at the moment since the quality of typical program material that is mixed in the studios for the rear and surround channels is not high IMO. That is unfortunate, I suppose.

So I've owned the 802 Crown for a few months now.

Every time I use it it seems better than the last. It is driving a pair of professional series of drivers that includes a 15 inch woofer - 2226, a HF compression driver - 2426 and a slot tweeter.

Anyway, this amp is rock solid.

After disconnecting the fans, I have no complants. ...it runs ice cold!

Hey, Robert,

Congrats on your Crown amp, which sounds like it's working very well for you. I have two old Crown DC300A's, which work quiet well, and an older DC300, which, while it works well, is a little noisy and produces a bit of "hum" when working. Not too loud, but enough to notice, if you listen for it. In any case, I love Crown amps, and the older ones just seem to keep on cranking out that good, clean power. Have fun with your's, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mark View Post
    I love Crown amps
    Doc
    ME TOOOO!

I LOVE VINTAGE CROWNS, I use a 1978, DC-300A, first run with the then new IOC indicators on my six JBL 2in drivers and horns.. I have older Crowns, BUT I like THESE for whatever reason!

NEW CROWN! I LOVE I TECH AND THE NEW MACRO TECH I SERIES for SUB BASS! All I can say is 468% TOTALLY CLEAN, an HITS LIKE HO-LEEEEEEEE_ F_________IN S______________T!

Crown, They still rule the RACK ROOST at Coney Islands ELDORADO!

ELDORADO AUTO SKOOTER, Inc.
    c/o mr. Scott Fitlin
    1216 surf av
    Bklyn, NY

BUMP, BUMP. BUMP YOUR ASS OFF!
    scottyj

Thread Information