Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Everest II

What I do find surprising is that someone on a small tropical island can post that they have discovered audio nirvana by using a 2425 with an after market diaphragm that was soaked in cat urine for three days and we'll have four guys running out to find a cat.
    Wow! Thanks for the tip. I already have one right here!

Rob

Sounds like a re-make of Lost!

I think that is what eighteensound have been doing with some of their chemically treated titanuim based drivers.

There's nirvana, but there's also the danger in listening to very expensive speakers that you couldn't buy even if you wanted to--the remainder of your audio life could end up tasting like cardboard. There are two ways to immunize yourself--1) don't go listen to them, 2) go listen and decide they suck.

Having been through one experience, which I came to accidentally, in which the amount of money I thought I'd ever need to spend on speakers was expanded by a factor of ten, I've become, since accepting the expansion and following through on it, a contented home body.

David

Its a but like the flaming over capacitors.

I a/b charge-coupled solen Fast caps, auricaps and Mundorf silver & oils recently.

It went like good, better and way better.

But as they say what you dont know want hurt you.

That is the unique thing about audio and loudspeakers in particular because your sensory perceptions will react and climatise with what you hear after while unless something new comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by speakerdave View Post
    There are two ways to immunize yourself--1) don't go listen to them, 2) go listen and decide they suck.

David
    Haha, That's hilarious!

I think what you've just said is that you've gone out and gotten Everests, or something pricey. I'm happy for you, and was not aware. Cool.

In my case, I hear problems with all systems and environments I encounter, that's life, so I guess I'll never be satisfied. But I'm happy nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post

That is the unique thing about audio and loudspeakers in particular because your sensory perceptions will react and climatise with what you hear after while unless something new comes along.
    I like your use of "climatize" (American spelling ) to describe the changing conditions under which we listen. It's well-wrought, Ian.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywave-Rider View Post

In my case, I hear problems with all systems and environments I encounter, that's life, so I guess I'll never be satisfied. But I'm happy nonetheless.
    Wow, it must suck to be that hard to satisfy. There's a guy over on AVS you should meet. You both seem to have a positive attitude about not being able to find a system that doesn't present problems. He seems happy, too.

I'm 180 degrees away, finding something to like in almost every system. It's not that I can't hear the differences; they simply don't stop me from enjoying the immense variety of sonic experiences out there. Yes, some I like more than others, but when there's nothing else available I'm pleased as punch with my little Sony cubes and matching monster 4" woofer!

As long as there's music, I couldn't be happier.

Two different paths I suppose.
    Out.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by speakerdave View Post
    There are two ways to immunize yourself--1) don't go listen to them, 2) go listen and decide they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    I'm 180 degrees away, finding something to like in almost every system. It's not that I can't hear the differences; they simply don't stop me from enjoying the immense variety of sonic experiences out there.
    Absolutely! There isn't a loudspeaker on the planet that sounds just like an oboe, it isn't ever going to happen, so enjoy the effects the loudspeakers present and live with them or without them. They're toys, just like our boats, cars, trains, etc. I have read some of that stuff going on on those other forums and I can't help but chuckle. It's pretty damn funny.

Wow, it must suck to be that hard to satisfy. There's a guy over on AVS you should meet. You both seem to have a positive attitude about not being able to find a system that doesn't present problems. He seems happy, too.
    Damn, this is a tough room. Are you asking me to leave?

I'm 180 degrees away, finding something to like in almost every system.
    I would not criticize what you do.

Two different paths I suppose.
    I think we know next to nothing about each other; not enough to know what the other's path is. But it's great that we can assume music is a common denominator, don't you think?

PS: Check this out, I've got Klipsch Heresys running off axis in my apt. right now. Problems? Yes, LOL.

Oh god, I have... but I didn't mean it Dome, Honest.

Actually, I admire your ability to look past the system and enjoy the music. That's a tough one for me.

PS: Check this out, I've got Klipsch Heresys running off axis in my apt. right now.
    I had a pair of the second generation Heresys for a brief stint. I thought they were on par with L100s... but I kept the L100s. Almost sold them too, but then I got some beautiful Quadrex grilles and couldn't give them up.

I guess we've veered a bit off the original topic yet again. The other day I was looking at the JBL price sheet and noticed that the Rosewood veneer option was the least expensive Everest II. Ebony, Maple, and Cherry are all an upcharge. I found that a surprise.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Skywave-Rider
    Damn, this is a tough room. Are you asking me to leave?
    Not at all. I just thought you'd like to know there was a kindred spirit over there.

And I wouldn't criticize you. I called you positive and happy. (As for the "it must suck" comment, it was a reflective comment--meaning about me, not an assertion about you, OK?)

I think we know next to nothing about each other; not enough to know what the other's path is. But it's great that we can assume music is a common denominator, don't you think?
    1) You're happy but can't find a system without a problem. 2) I'm happy but like everything I hear.

Ergo, two different paths, both ending in happiness. It wasn't all that deep a comment.
    Out.

Let's crank up the Everest IIs!!!

Now we must dance!
    Out.

"Is that all there is?"

Now we must dance!

His monkey, don't touch his monkey!!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    "Is that all there is?"
    haha, lurker...

I love u guys.
    And Heather, too.

Thread Information