Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Everest II

Maron Horonzakz
    Years ago JBL had a Paragon that was loaned out to some of the dealers on a monthly rotating basis.. Now i cant find any JBL dealers in the midwest,,, It would have been nice to have the Everest II auditioned through a JBL audio store,,, Not going to happen anymore,, Synergy to me is a flop in helping to get the product auditioned,..

That is sad. I thought Widget had a good concept in another thread about marketing and retailing JBL products. We were calling it "JBL Lifestyle/Experience...," whatever lame tag; but it's a cool concept. JBL/Harman, whatever entity, buys a little performance venue in NY or SF and adds a showcase element/cafe/sonic focal point. Because culturally, that would be an investment in the future of high end manufacturers.

I'm not a businessman, just a guy on muscle relaxants.
    On second thought, Brooklyn would be a good location too.
    Last edited by Skywave-Rider; 09-02-2008 at 08:05 AM. Reason: added BKLYN

Maron Horonzakz
    Thats what we had here in the midwest,,Till the owners past on,,,, Very clean here in the midwest,,Without the Brooklin dogshit,, or the Texas bullshit

Answers? Answers? I got your answers right here...

(...points at groin...)

Okay. Here's what needs to happen for JBL to solve all of our little problems.

1) Harman/JBL has to satisfy pent up demand for the Everest II. Until that happens, the product is selling it self. Why would a company successfully selling a $60k product pull one out of the supply chain for a bunch of looky-loos?

2) There has to be tangible evidence that there is demand for widespread exposure to the product. Four or five (or fifty) people passively posting on a Web site that they'd like to see an Everest has no impact. Are these folks even remotely potential customers, or are they tire-kickers? Could exposure to the Everest II induce them to buy any current JBL product? Or would they then complain that the current stuff was either crap or unrealistically over-priced?

Harman has a new CEO. He's one of the few guys who could override marketing, sales, and engineering. Email him, phone him, send him letters, visit his office. Then he might decide that putting a $60k product on traveling display might produce a few sales, after prequalifying a bunch of prospects.

3) Stop running down the brand. Stop second-guessing products (at any price point) that are designed by top level, well-respected, accomplished professionals. Become a customer as well as a commentator. Then JBL might listen to LH member's ideas.

Harman/JBL hired Jean Luc Pickard to respond to our complaints. He's saying, "You're number one!"
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz View Post
    Thats what we had here in the midwest,,Till the owners past on,,,, Very clean here in the midwest,,Without the Brooklin dogshit,, or the Texas bullshit
    Don't u know about the "pooper scooper" laws?
    Well, for better or worse, Brooklyn is a hotspot right now. Guess if I knew what I was talking about, I might also choose Minneapolis, they seem to have the right ingredients there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Why would a company successfully selling a $60k product pull one out of the supply chain for a bunch of looky-loos?
    Because we are SPECIAL looky-loos, of course....

Maron Horonzakz
    Well that looky pooky of the Paragon got 8 of us to buy that product that month.

Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz View Post
    Well that looky pooky of the Paragon got 8 of us to buy that product that month.
    I thought you made your own?

Widget

Maron Horonzakz
    Made two,,,Bought one.

Wow, it must suck to be that hard to satisfy. There's a guy over on AVS you should meet. You both seem to have a positive attitude about not being able to find a system that doesn't present problems. He seems happy, too.

I'm 180 degrees away, finding something to like in almost every system. It's not that I can't hear the differences; they simply don't stop me from enjoying the immense variety of sonic experiences out there. Yes, some I like more than others, but when there's nothing else available I'm pleased as punch with my little Sony cubes and matching monster 4" woofer!

As long as there's music, I couldn't be happier.

Two different paths I suppose.
    Well put...I "taught" myself to like Altec A7s. Not perfect to say the least, but I can really enjoy them for what they are.

Russellc

Wow, it must suck to be that hard to satisfy. There's a guy over on AVS you should meet. You both seem to have a positive attitude about not being able to find a system that doesn't present problems. He seems happy, too.
    I know which guy you're referring to. He uses the easy scapegoat for the resulting sound he doesn't like, the speakers (Revels), as he can sell them to someone else, and get all or at least most of his money back.
    But the wad of cash he spent for room treatments is lost money. And from the pictures he provided, I'd say, he got suckered by the contractor, into way more than was neccessary. And may have even degraded the sound.
    Living in the Land of the Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Russellc View Post
    Well put...I "taught" myself to like Altec A7s. Not perfect to say the least, but I can really enjoy them for what they are.

Russellc
    So you'd say the same for Econowave?

Thread Information