Thread: cr40 harkness

Post cr40 harkness

hi,i found this site while i was trying to do some research on a set of speakers i acquired. i was wondering if anybody can help me. The back of the speaker has the following information
    james b. lansing inc cr40 harkness
    and the crossovers have the following info
    frequency dividing 20740
    network N1200 .
    thanks, Adam .

Quote Originally Posted by bodeen1984 View Post
    The back of the speaker has the following information
    james b. lansing inc cr40 harkness
    and the crossovers have the following info
    frequency dividing 20740
    network N1200 .
    Ohio seemed to be a hot-bed for '60s JBL stuff. That's probably a C40 cabinet with the 001 system which includes the N1200 crossover, LE175DLH mid/high horn, and 130A woofer. A picture of the crossover would help to date the system. The newer ones are black, the older gray.

http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/...alogs/1967.htm

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Ohio seemed to be a hot-bed for '60s JBL stuff. That's probably a C40 cabinet with the 001 system which includes the N1200 crossover, LE175DLH mid/high horn, and 130A woofer. A picture of the crossover would help to date the system. The newer ones are black, the older gray.

http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/...alogs/1967.htm
    here are some pics of the setup. also how would you tell if they were home built or built by jbl

Last edited by bodeen1984; 08-06-2008 at 04:51 AM. Reason: missspelled a word

Hard to say and the pictures aren't that clear. I can't even be sure if that's an 075 UHF ring-radiator from the photo but I suspect it is, which should make the other crossover an N7000. Just judging by the screws used for the N7000, one might suspect that the 075 was a later addition which wasn't uncommon, but as for home-built, some more and better photos would be necessary such as something that shows the interior and the labels you mention showing the cabinet model number. It would also appear yours has the aluminum legs. Do you have just one cabinet or two? And what are you trying to learn? Is your interest purely academic and you intend to keep them, or are you searching for marketing information?

Hard to say and the pictures aren't that clear. I can't even be sure if that's an 075 UHF ring-radiator from the photo but I suspect it is, which should make the other crossover an N7000. Just judging by the screws used for the N7000, one might suspect that the 075 was a later addition which wasn't uncommon, but as for home-built, some more and better photos would be necessary such as something that shows the interior and the labels you mention showing the cabinet model number. It would also appear yours has the aluminum legs. Do you have just one cabinet or two? And what are you trying to learn? Is your interest purely academic and you intend to keep them, or are you searching for marketing information?
    i own two cabinets . I don't want to sell them cause they amazing but money is tight right now so yeah i'm trying to figure out what they are worth

Quote Originally Posted by bodeen1984 View Post
    i own two cabinets . I don't want to sell them cause they amazing but money is tight right now so yeah i'm trying to figure out what they are worth
    I hate to say it but, like many older systems, they are often worth more parted out. A set of eight good aluminum legs can bring over $300 by themselves. If your cabs have the 075s those can bring several hundred a pair, too. Same for the N7000 crossovers. If you were to sell, I'd sell the legs as one lot, go to Lowes and get some short wooden legs like JBL used, too, and fit those and sell the system complete with wooden legs. If the wood veneer is perfect (yours looks darker than most but they were available in several finishes) and the pair matches, they might bring $1000 or so these days. Normally in average condition that pair is a sub-$1000 pair. But they're nice if you want to keep them, too. They're just not the kind of JBL that brings the big bucks (thou$ands) on Ebay. Others will have different opinions, for sure.

I hate to say it but, like many older systems, they are often worth more parted out. A set of eight good aluminum legs can bring over $300 by themselves. ... They're just not the kind of JBL that brings the big bucks (thou$ands) on Ebay. Others will have different opinions, for sure.
    How much for the little girl? Your women - how much for the women?
    The little girl, your 2 daughters, sell them to me, SELL ME YOUR CHILDREN!

(quoting belushi ...)
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information