Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retuning needed for 4333?

Here's a comparison in a "small box"

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Greetings, Robert, and all,

Robert, thank you, so very much, for that wonderful graphic representation of the two drivers, tuned the same, in the same 4333 cabinet! JUST what I wanted to know!! Though I've never "interpreted" information from such a graph before, to my eyes, I'd say the two drivers were, for all practical purposes, almost identical, and that is outstanding!

I am sorry if questions such as this are annoying to some. I can't hide my enthusiasm for this project, nor my enjoyment of being amongst so many others that love "things JBL", as do I!! I am VERY happy to have fallen in with such folks as you all, and sincerely appreciate any and all information, suggestions, comments, and friendship that is sent my way! I know that, for some of you that have been around the anechoic chamber for many years, this stuff may seem so old hat as to be boring beyond belief. And, for that, I'm truly sorry. But, for me, the ability to ask such questions, and to receive so many great replies, is just wonderful, and much appreciated!!

Thanks to all who have ventured opinions and information! I love sharing my own JBL plans with you, and the fact that you all share your personal JBL plans with the rest of us! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

majick47

4333 with 2235H woofers

I'v tried the 2235H woofers in a setup very similar to H James. My speakers were L200B with LE85 horns, 2405 tweeters and 3106 crossovers. I swapped out the L200B 136A woofers and with the 2235H substituted there was a subtle difference but nothing earth shattering, to me the 2235H sounded fine and I could live quite happily with either pair of woofers.

Quote Originally Posted by majick47 View Post
    I'v tried the 2235H woofers in a setup very similar to H James. My speakers were L200B with LE85 horns, 2405 tweeters and 3106 crossovers. I swapped out the L200B 136A woofers and with the 2235H substituted there was a subtle difference but nothing earth shattering, to me the 2235H sounded fine and I could live quite happily with either pair of woofers.
    Evening,

Today, Sweet Bride and I got to meet Grumpy, and Mech986 and his family, and it was truly a fun and interesting experience! We also picked up some of the major goodies for my project, including the 4333 cabinets from Grumpy. I am stoked, excited, buzzing, and any other such descriptive words you'd care to add, to be so very close to beginning my project!! I must agree with you that, from what I've learned, and from my own thoughts on the matter, the 2235H's will sound very good in the old 4333 cabinets. More later. Right now, Sweet Bride and I are flat-out bushed, and are heading for bed! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Hey Doc, 28 happy years, you are a very lucky man, congratulations.
    This site will run WinIsd on your Mac through your browser;http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=newdriver

Regards
    Cooky

Quote Originally Posted by cooky1257 View Post
    Hey Doc, 28 happy years, you are a very lucky man, congratulations.
    This site will run WinIsd on your Mac through your browser;http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=newdriver

Regards
    Cooky
    Morning, Cooky,

Many thanks for the nice comments, and also the link for running WinIsd on my Mac! Both are much appreciated! Sweet Bride is, indeed, a wonderful woman, and I cannot imagine not being married to her! She's almost always in a fine humor, and like me, takes pleasure in all good things that come our way, both big and small. For me, she's the best person I could have married, and we both consider our finding one another to be a gift from God, and are more grateful than we can tell you! Thanks, again, Cooky! I'll play with that link and see how it looks. Fun to have the ability to use such a tool, even if the program, itself, will not work well on our machines. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

Thread Information