Thread: NAD Master Series

NAD Master Series

Just for everyone's information. I'd like to share my experience with NAD and their new Master Series. I have been VERY disappointed to say the least. I am on my second M5 SACD player which does not recognize SACD's from time to time. I also have a M3 integrated amp which is a $2400 piece of equipment that one channel blew and went into "protect" mode. It was sent back to the factory for warranty repair six weeks ago and I still haven't gotten it back. NAD does not respond to my emails and the dealer that I bought the stuff from can only tell me that they say"It's on the bench". This dealer no longer carrys their stuff do to problems. So buyer beware. It's the last time I'll buy any of their junk.

I've only had standard NAD stuff and admittedly its all last century , BUT not a single component has worked 100% correctly. Every one has some problem or two. Wud not buy any NAD again, ever.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

I got a call today and they said the M3 will be back next week. I feel the same way about buying this stuff again. Since it has been out for repair I have been using my old Dynaco ST-70 amp and PAS-3X preamp with the L300's and it sure does sound good. Just wish I had a little more power.

Nothing new there

Twas ever thus with NAD. Flip the unit on the bay and start again. Do have a look at Rotel

I'll tell ya since the M3 has been down I have been using my old restored Dyna ST-70 and PAS-3X preamp and it sure is sounding good. They are a good matchup with the L300's. I just wish the 70 has a bit more power.

clmrt

Nad 1130

Best $75 I've ever spent.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I've only had standard NAD stuff and admittedly its all last century , BUT not a single component has worked 100% correctly. Every one has some problem or two. Wud not buy any NAD again, ever.

I hear what you're saying. Just takes a few problems to convince. My experience is different to the positive. The only unit I have had problems with is a 541i CD player (still in use). Three preamps and two amps without ever a hitch. And I like the 162 preamp I am using.
    David F
    San Jose

Thread Information