Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: diference between LSR32 and LSR6332

there is a crossover change in the lsr 6332. I wonder if anyone compared both and can comment? I have lsr32 and been considering getting the 6332.... anyone?

on the lsr32 C1= 2.5mF and in the lsr 6332 is C7= 5.5mF
    Also in the bass section the 32 have a L2=1.3mH and the 6332 have a L2=2.3mH

I've had the 32 and currently own the 6332. I could tell no sonic difference between the two.

Al

Ive been using in my living room the LSR32 for a couple of weeks.

I have measured both speakers in my room and I have somewhat of a problem. I measure a boosted up mid response. measured at many different location and I have a persistant boost of about 5 db between 500hz to 1500hz, for both speakers.

This is something Im very concern about. even if I measure 10 feet or 3 feet away from the speakers, I have mid coloration between 500hz and 1500hz. Once EQ'ed out, I can live with the LSR32.
    why the LSR32 DO NOT measure flat in the midrange?
    it is not my room as I have also measured this in another room, plus no matter how far or close to the speakers with my mic, I get the same boosted midrange? I have them verticaly and I remmeber that when they were horizontal, it seemed the problem was lesser...

even if my room is very bad, it makes no sense that no matter the location of the mic, the midrange is constantly boosted up to 1.5khz (where rooms doesnt much play in the FR).
    Anyone else have measured their LSR32?

What are you measuring them with?
    "Audio is filled with dangerous amateurs." --- Tim de Paravicini

LSR6332 at 1 meter standing vertical and on a 13inch stand about two foot from rear wall. No EQ.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My bad for the PDF file. Redone as JPG. Expanded the vert. scale. This was a one position measurement at one meter, no EQ.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by johnlcnm View Post
    My bad for the PDF file. Redone as JPG. Expanded the vert. scale. This was a one position measurement at one meter, no EQ.
    thanks
    I have retook measurements and everything now measure flat

I think the issue might have been from the angle of the mic

false alarm!

The 6332/32s are really exceptional speakers, in my mind. The mids are flat and the bass is really clean and clear for a 12 inch driver. I do operate them in my room at -1db above 4K. Don't believe the 32s had that strapping option on the back. But a treble tone control or EQ should work if you feel the need.---- I sure miss the tone controls on the old equipment.

Regards,

John

Thread Information