Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diference between LSR32 and LSR6332

Question diference between LSR32 and LSR6332

What is the difference in performance between LSR32 and LSR6332?

Is their a different sound character between the tweeter 053ti and the 053tis and how does the crossover changes in the bass section and high section influence the whole system.

The specs don’t change but certainly if there is a change in these components it is for a better sound.

Hope too here form you soon

Valentin

As one of the resident LSR listeners I should jump in here, but to tell the truth I don't know.

I haven't paid much attention to the description of the new speaker. I have read that they are shielded. The 053 has a ceramic magnet, so they've probably glued an opposing magnet on that. Does that affect the sound? Probably, in some slight way. Negatively? I don't know.

I'm not familiar with the change in the crossover at all, so I can't comment on that, and I certainly haven't heard the new speaker.

Maybe it's about time for me to look into it. Do the differences add up to the $1700 additional cost of the new pair vs the average price of a pair of used LSR32s? Not for me, I'm guessin', which is why I haven't paid much attention.

New is nice. If you can afford that, go for it. Either way I think you'll find the LSR series a very rewarding way to listen to recorded music in small to medium sized spaces.

What are you listening to now?

David

I am actually hearing a pair of JBL SVA2100 but i have a opportunity to buy some LSR at distributor price.

my room is small to mid 16d x12.5w x 9h but it opens up to a room the same size through a double door.
    I plan to buy a pair of LSR6332 and 1 or 2 subwoofers of the LSR6312p that have RMC (Bass Eq.) and put them as towers.

Are you using your system with a sub . What speaker did you have before the LSR and how is the difference between them.

Obsolete

Re: difference between LSR32 and LSR6332

"What is the difference in performance between LSR32 and LSR6332?"

None. The baffle was redesigned and a new part number was assigned. It was a manufacturing decision and nothing more.

Talking Re: Re: difference between LSR32 and LSR6332

Originally posted by Giskard
    "What is the difference in performance between LSR32 and LSR6332?"

None.
    And there you have it!!

Re: Re: Re: difference between LSR32 and LSR6332

Originally posted by JuniorJBL
    And there you have it!!
    No, there you have Giskard...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

rlb
    Just wanted to let you guys know that I now have a pair of each and they both sound awesome. Dvd audio and sacd is going to ruin my life......or my bank account.

JBL response lsr 6332

There are two main changes to this device. The first change is basically the look of the product, the boxes have changed as far as the way they look but they function the same as the old boxes. The second change is the "Room Mode Compensation" that is available on the new product but not on the first version. That is to say if you need to place these boxes near flat surfaces that might interact with the waves coming out of the box, you can adjust for this with the DIP switches on the back of the units.

There is another factor at this stage of this products life. It is referred to as "cost reduction". Our engineers and manufacturing people put their heads together and figure out ways of reducing the cost of production without changing the quality of sound that comes from the device. I believe this is what has happened to the tweeter. The tweeter for the original unit lists for $122 each, the newer device lists for $86. These devices many not be interchangeable between versions but will function identically in use.
    If you look at the schematics for both networks, they are identical. The reason there are two part numbers is the silk screening on the back of units. Aside from that, they are the same.

Hope this clears things up for you.

Dave Wheeler
    JBL PRO

Hi Dave;
    thanks for weighing in, and for your help when people call!!! Look forward to your future contributions here.

MBB

Obsolete
    Actually, I doubt he knows his emails are being posted on the Internet...

I do like his answer though

I think it's time to get a pair of these loudspeakers with the intent of eventually going 5.1

Oh, I didn't get that; I thought Dave was Valentin. Doh!
    Well, if you see a deal on some sometime, maybe that's the way I oughtta go, too. I need to get a little simpler on this stuff!!!!!
    MBB

Originally posted by Valentin
    Are you using your system with a sub . What speaker did you have before the LSR and how is the difference between them.
    Hey, Valentin, I've just realized I neglected to answer this question earlier . . .

My most recent speaker before the LSR32's were the L65A Jubals. I started looking into JBL speakers because for the first time I wanted to listen to CD/SACD music through the same device I use to watch DVD's and in my setup the speakers are pretty close to the TV. JBL's old Alinco drivers have the smallest stray magnetic fields I know of. I was never really happy with the L65's. They have some good qualities, but their frequency response is not really very smooth at all. In comparison, the LSR32's are remarkably accurate--they are remarkably accurate in comparison to most speakers. But of course they are speakers from different eras, aimed at different markets.

Before that I had for about fifteen years stopped focusing on hi fi gear and just enjoyed the music over a pair of Altec 604 8G's. Again, not a particularly accurate speaker in terms of frequency response, but the phase coherence of the coaxial design has its own benefits, and I like the dynamic sound of a large, efficient speaker.

With a good amp you can have that dynamism with the LSR's because, although they are not extremely efficient, the drivers can take the punishment, and JBL has focused for years on engineering out power compression. Also, I don't know about the new ones, but the LSR 32's are biwireable, although I'm using them full range with an older McIntosh 200 wpc amp.

As for the subwoofer--that's a project in the offing. I like your idea of the tower, but in my setting that's a bit too out there. I can tell because I used the Jubals as speaker stands for a while and the votes are in. I will be building subwoofers to be placed elsewhere in the room.

The bass response on these speakers is tantalizingly close to being good enough without a subwoofer (for music). In many rooms they probably would be. My space is L-shaped and is open to the kitchen through the dining L, open to the family room and open to a hallway, so there is not as much room rise here as there might be in other rooms. Still, on music, I seldom sense I'm missing anything down low, and the bass on these speakers is tight, accurate, articulate and fast.

I think the LSR12 subwoofers are probably the best way to go, though. It's always wise to take advantage of engineering that's already been done.

Hope you enjoy your new system.

David

carolax
    I used to own a pair of LSR32's and, except for the bass rolloff that necessitated near-wall placement, they were great speakers. I now use LSR28P's in anticipation of going 5.1 and they sound even better in a small room.

Since I'm going to be adding more LSR's soon, I've researched the product differences. For the 6332 they're small. The new ABS baffle replaces the butt-ugly, quality-uncontrolled carbon fibre baffles, and the tweeter is now shielded. According to the person I spoke to at JBL, the tweeter is the same as before and the 's' at the end indicates only that it is shielded.

The LSR 6328P and 6312P have more substantial changes, including the RMC system and different tweeter and room compensation settings. Also, the LSR28P weighs 10lbs less because of a lighter (digital?) power supply. Hopefully, this is not just cost-cutting--since the speakers are not less expensive--but the result of some good engineering input from Crown.

As for subwoofers, do consider the LSR 6312's. They're not typical thump machine subwoofers, but they are incredibly tight and dynamic, and will take your breath away down to about 25hz in a room.

Thanks for all your input

I am know sure that they are the way to go

I like tight and dynamic bass and 25hz is good for me
    when i get my sistem i will give you my impresions

Valentin

JBL LSR6328P Review

The April 2004 issue of Pro Audio Review has a very positive JBL LSR6328P review by John Gatski. Their website hasn't been updated yet.

http://www.proaudioreview.com/

Thread Information