Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diference between LSR32 and LSR6332

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question diference between LSR32 and LSR6332

What is the difference in performance between LSR32 and LSR6332?

Is their a different sound character between the tweeter 053ti and the 053tis and how does the crossover changes in the bass section and high section influence the whole system.

The specs don’t change but certainly if there is a change in these components it is for a better sound.

Hope too here form you soon

Valentin

As one of the resident LSR listeners I should jump in here, but to tell the truth I don't know.

I haven't paid much attention to the description of the new speaker. I have read that they are shielded. The 053 has a ceramic magnet, so they've probably glued an opposing magnet on that. Does that affect the sound? Probably, in some slight way. Negatively? I don't know.

I'm not familiar with the change in the crossover at all, so I can't comment on that, and I certainly haven't heard the new speaker.

Maybe it's about time for me to look into it. Do the differences add up to the $1700 additional cost of the new pair vs the average price of a pair of used LSR32s? Not for me, I'm guessin', which is why I haven't paid much attention.

New is nice. If you can afford that, go for it. Either way I think you'll find the LSR series a very rewarding way to listen to recorded music in small to medium sized spaces.

What are you listening to now?

David

I am actually hearing a pair of JBL SVA2100 but i have a opportunity to buy some LSR at distributor price.

my room is small to mid 16d x12.5w x 9h but it opens up to a room the same size through a double door.
    I plan to buy a pair of LSR6332 and 1 or 2 subwoofers of the LSR6312p that have RMC (Bass Eq.) and put them as towers.

Are you using your system with a sub . What speaker did you have before the LSR and how is the difference between them.

Obsolete

Re: difference between LSR32 and LSR6332

"What is the difference in performance between LSR32 and LSR6332?"

None. The baffle was redesigned and a new part number was assigned. It was a manufacturing decision and nothing more.

Talking Re: Re: difference between LSR32 and LSR6332

Originally posted by Giskard
    "What is the difference in performance between LSR32 and LSR6332?"

None.
    And there you have it!!

LSR6332 at 1 meter standing vertical and on a 13inch stand about two foot from rear wall. No EQ.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Re: Re: difference between LSR32 and LSR6332

Originally posted by JuniorJBL
    And there you have it!!
    No, there you have Giskard...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

My bad for the PDF file. Redone as JPG. Expanded the vert. scale. This was a one position measurement at one meter, no EQ.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by johnlcnm View Post
    My bad for the PDF file. Redone as JPG. Expanded the vert. scale. This was a one position measurement at one meter, no EQ.
    thanks
    I have retook measurements and everything now measure flat

I think the issue might have been from the angle of the mic

false alarm!

rlb
    Just wanted to let you guys know that I now have a pair of each and they both sound awesome. Dvd audio and sacd is going to ruin my life......or my bank account.

JBL response lsr 6332

There are two main changes to this device. The first change is basically the look of the product, the boxes have changed as far as the way they look but they function the same as the old boxes. The second change is the "Room Mode Compensation" that is available on the new product but not on the first version. That is to say if you need to place these boxes near flat surfaces that might interact with the waves coming out of the box, you can adjust for this with the DIP switches on the back of the units.

There is another factor at this stage of this products life. It is referred to as "cost reduction". Our engineers and manufacturing people put their heads together and figure out ways of reducing the cost of production without changing the quality of sound that comes from the device. I believe this is what has happened to the tweeter. The tweeter for the original unit lists for $122 each, the newer device lists for $86. These devices many not be interchangeable between versions but will function identically in use.
    If you look at the schematics for both networks, they are identical. The reason there are two part numbers is the silk screening on the back of units. Aside from that, they are the same.

Hope this clears things up for you.

Dave Wheeler
    JBL PRO

The 6332/32s are really exceptional speakers, in my mind. The mids are flat and the bass is really clean and clear for a 12 inch driver. I do operate them in my room at -1db above 4K. Don't believe the 32s had that strapping option on the back. But a treble tone control or EQ should work if you feel the need.---- I sure miss the tone controls on the old equipment.

Regards,

John

Hi Dave;
    thanks for weighing in, and for your help when people call!!! Look forward to your future contributions here.

MBB

Obsolete
    Actually, I doubt he knows his emails are being posted on the Internet...

I do like his answer though

I think it's time to get a pair of these loudspeakers with the intent of eventually going 5.1

Oh, I didn't get that; I thought Dave was Valentin. Doh!
    Well, if you see a deal on some sometime, maybe that's the way I oughtta go, too. I need to get a little simpler on this stuff!!!!!
    MBB

Thread Information