I know better than to ask for information or opinions about a future event, but here is an exception.

In another thread I mused about a small time application for classic JBL cone transducers after the apparently expected end of cone kit availability. My question is, what do YOU think will happen and what would you personally do if/when factory cone kits are NLA (No Longer Available)? Do you think quality third party suppliers would emerge? What would you do if they do not?

The application I suggested, while not common, would have the advantage of rendering the classic transducers the equal of the best contemporary offerings for that particular application. I mention this in anticipation of a barrage of responses, welcome here for sure, telling us to get over it and buy the newer, better stuff.
http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...1&postcount=28

I expect replacement diaphragms for compression drivers and tweeters are another question altogether.

I might also ask how soon the great NLA might come to pass. Speculation and inside information welcome!

I have often wondered if the numbers of the units out there (do we have all the speakers not already in landfills?) would be too small, in the great scheme of things, to interest any entrepreneurs offering high quality. We are all hoping for another Great Plains Audio, but is that realistic, especially with JBL, unlike Altec, still out there?

Clark