Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW 1.5 inch horn for 4345 / 4343

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by spkrman57 View Post
    I wonder how he finds the time to do all these things!
    I don't and people are angry with me. I don't blame them.

its worth the wait!!! you weren't taking emails when I sent my thanks so I have to do this in public, THANKS!!

From experience

Mark

MIA

Does anybody know where giskard is ??

He has had my 2313 horns and a number of expensive 2435Be drivers since *JANUARY* and hasn't replied or posted on this site in 3 weeks???

Vacation?? Jail? Moved?

If anybody knows, please PM.

sub

"Giskard: I don't and people are angry with me. I don't blame them."

Obsolete
    I'll try to get everything out the door to you next Monday.

BTW - It seems a bunch of you guys bought these drivers from the same second-hand source. Kind of weird to see these drivers from all over the country with the same handwritten field notations on them.

welcome back

Yeah it seems that that seller was stripping apart a lot of early issue vertec's or was the recipient of the parts. One that I received had a shifted magnet but it was promptly replaced. He sold at least 30 of them but I have never seen the 8's. Wonder where they are??

Anyways welcome back from your vacation and I hope the pile of projects isn't too overwhelming..

sub

2 months later....

Well it's 2 months later and I still haven't seen my 2435 drivers or my horns even after speaking on the phone directly with Giskard.....

it's been 9 months since I sent them..

Does anybody else have items in limbo also???

sub

Welded Flange

Hi subwoof ,

did you ever get the flange welded on the horns ? I'd like to try the same mod with a dusted 2435. Good luck with it and please keep us posted.

Rich

glue job

I epoxy'ed the wood flanges to the cut off horn. I didn't have access to aluminum welding back then and wanted them right away.

But alas they are MIA so I might have to make another set so I can try out the 2452-SL's on the 4341's.

sub

Newest combo

Well I finally got both the horns back from Giskard and a set of the newer Nd coated dia drivers ( 2452H-SL ) from ebay so THIS looks like a potent drop-in combo to try out in the 4341's later this week....

sub
    Attached Images Attached Images  

nice job .

Hi Sub,

they look the dogs sub. I look forward to your impressions. The dust works well in the ti 2425 so they should sound pretty sexy.

rich

Quote Originally Posted by subwoof View Post
    Well I finally got both the horns back from Giskard and a set of the newer Nd coated dia drivers ( 2452H-SL ) from ebay so THIS looks like a potent drop-in combo to try out in the 4341's later this week....

sub
    Thats looks like a brutal combination - short and deadly! Woah!
    By all means, let us know!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by subwoof View Post
    Well it's 2 months later and I still haven't seen my 2435 drivers or my horns even after speaking on the phone directly with Giskard.....

it's been 9 months since I sent them..

Does anybody else have items in limbo also???
    Yes, unfortunately there are quite a few deliverables still to work through. I should have sent the horns back separately from the 2435's. I have seven more 2435's to do out of a batch of thirty-nine. All were done with the correct aquaplas and ferrofluid. Two of yours and one of Guido's were the only ones that suffered the doublestick tape creep. It took me nearly thirty minutes just to get the diaphragm out of Guido's 2435.

The 2452 looks more fitting physically than the 2435. You'll have to run a response curve with that combo and the network and compare it to stock. I suspect there will be a new run on 2452's like there was a run on 2435's. Perhaps a run on these custom exponentials as well. I know that I'd take a pair just for fun but only if I could find a pair of L94 serpentines to go along with them and that probably isn't going to happen.

I think the 2452SL is a good bet for the Optimized Aperture horns (2332, 2352 and 2381) and the PT waveguide, to take advantage of the HF dispersion afforded by the design. If you want to use a 4" aquaplased driver for the 434x application, where the HF dispersion of the throatless driver/OA horn combo is being discarded by using the round exponential, I think the 2450 with powdered diaphragm is a better bet, because the driver throat with the 2311 is longer.

David

Obsolete
    You might be right speakerdave.

It should be noted that there is alot to be said for the stock large format 43xx monitors with just the aquaplas and bi-amp only cc network tweaks we've discussed so far.

By the way, for anyone messing with the 2452SL, the tech sheet for the 2452H/J says bolts are 1 and 1/4. That's way to long. 1" is too long; I'm going to try 3/4.

David

Edit: 3/4" just works with a lock washer on my horn (2333).

Thread Information