Thread: 2206H, 2426H system?

aliensite

2206H, 2426H system?

Could a K2 S9800 inspired project be effectively done with the 2206H and 2426H (2370A horn)?
    I am not sure about the horn on the S9800.

If anyone has done this, could you provide crossover details?

I saw a nice Fostex version at http://melhuish.org/audio/DIYBX15.html

I guess it could be a K2-S9800 inspired design much like my Volkswagen Jetta was inspired by a Mercedes S class.

With those components you could assemble a decent two way that will be lacking deep bass and the upper range of treble. If you already have these components you can make something workable out of them, but I would suggest you look at adding an additional woofer or sub, and perhaps a different horn.

Widget

JBL Dog
    Originally posted by Mr. Widget
    I guess it could be a K2-S9800 inspired design much like my Volkswagen Jetta was inspired by a Mercedes S class.

With those components you could assemble a decent two way that will be lacking deep bass and the upper range of treble. If you already have these components you can make something workable out of them, but I would suggest you look at adding an additional woofer or sub, and perhaps a different horn.

Widget
    The speaker pictured is a JBL Sound Power Series 4726A. It is loaded with a 2206H and a 2426J driver attached to a factory modified 2344 horn (duct ports are on 2344). As Widget stated, it does lack deep bass. I used JBL dual 15's for the low end and tri-amped the system with about 2500 watts per side. The system sounds smooth, but the upper highs were flat. Still, a nice system. I used it for awhile at one of my bar gigs.

This message comes from JBL Dog
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey JBL Dog!

Look at Ralfs Avatar. He use a modified 4726 with a 2405 combined with 2 4530!

WOW, a jawdropper.

And guess what? He build 4 (four) 2245 based subs right at the moment to have more LF extension.

This is :shock: :shock: :shock:

Here is the new modified Version...

The Update:

new slot tweeters with the High-grade steel mounting plates with additional reflex discharge openings to the frequency smoothing in the 1kHz range...
    16 Hz can not be substituted

Slot holder...

Some simple housing modifications cause miracles. The sound is now perfectly...but the blue color does not fit :-(
    Last edited by Ralf; 04-08-2004 at 05:57 AM.

Re: Here is the new modified Version...

Originally posted by Ralf
    The Update:

new slot tweeters with the High-grade steel mounting plates with additional reflex discharge openings to the frequency smoothing in the 1kHz range...
    Are you saying you ported the 2405? Please explain what all that sheet metal is about.

Widget

Re: Re: Here is the new modified Version...

Originally posted by Mr. Widget
    Are you saying you ported the 2405? Please explain what all that sheet metal is about.

Widget
    Hi Mr. Widget,

The sheet metal has two functions. First of all it carries the 2405 and brings it into the correct phase position.

Secondly the openings at the side serve for the sinking in the 1kHz range of the 2206 (enlargement of the port openings).

The Tops are appropriate for maximum sound pressure in the range 120Hz to 21kHz. The housing for the 2206 goes only up to the lower edge of 2344 (23 liters).

So far the boxes were somewhat importunate within the range of 1kHz. I corrected this so far with a Equalizer. With very high levels flow noises at the openings were audible.

Since two 2404 was inserted before, I would have had to mill the openings larger, in order to reach a sinking and reduce the flow noises. By the exchange of the 2404 against 2405 and employment of the owner sheet metals with additional openings this was now no longer necessary.

Now I do not need the Equalizer. Without tone control it sounds bent.

Ralf
    Last edited by Ralf; 04-08-2004 at 10:58 AM.

Re: Slot holder...

Originally posted by Ralf
    ...but the blue color does not fit :-(
    Hey, Ralf... I can remedy that!

pm me your address - I'm due to have a few pints o' JBL Blue stewed-up tomorrow. There's a few patient hopeful Forumites I need to fill, and I'd be happy to put one in the post to you, too...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Thread Information