Greetings, Friends,

I have a question about HT systems. Of what would a basic system consist? Would there be main speakers, rear speakers, and a side-fill for right and left? How about a center channel speaker? Necessary, or not?

Once I get my 4333's up and running, I'd like to play around with adding more to my system. Our Harman/Kardon is setup with separate amps for the rears, center, and side-fill stuff, and I believe they are all about 45WPC. Enough?

I have quite a few JBL 12 transducers, having play music for almost 30 years, and I was wondering if, say, a pair of 2130's with, or without a tweeter, in smallish boxes, would be good side-fill speakers? They are extended range, even without the tweeter.

I also have a pair of Altec 902-16HF drivers (basically a regular 902-16, but without the horn that was added to make it a "HF"). Those, with a small horn and JBL 12" woofer, could be the rear speakers.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions? We mainly listen to music on our system, but do like to run movies through it, when we take the time to watch such entertainments. Thanks for any suggestions you can offer. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc