Thread: My Audio System (for the time being...)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My Audio System (for the time being...)

Hi Friends,

I would like to present here my Audio System.

My loudspeakers consists, each one, for:

- 12" JBL-D123 speaker, for the mid-bass/bass, installed in a sealed cabinet. I opted for use the JBL D-123 because I needed, in my boxes of horns, of a speaker of high sensitivity to accompany the high sensitivity from the mid and treble drivers, and at the same time I had an excellent response of mid-bass/bass.

- JBL 2426J compression driver coupled to a horn of aluminium cast as a model similar to that used in the box JBL Paragon, for the midrange.
    - Selenium D220Ti compression driver coupled to a horn injection molded reinforced high-density solid polyurethane Selenium HM11-25, used for the treble.

In the black box located behind driver of treble, are the responsible passive components for the alignment and interlacement between the drivers/speaker meet.

My system is bi-amplified.

The sources (CDTransport Theta Pearl/DAC Theta Chroma and turntable Thorens TD-126 MKII/SME-3009R/Ortofon MC-20 Super MKII/Former Audio Note AN-S4II) are connected to a DIY tubes pre-amplifier, which in turn sends the signal to an active DIY 2 way crossover .

This crossover separates bass and subbass, (and also adjust its cutting and intensity using 2 pots) and send this signal to a Sony TAN-5550 solid state power that feeds a sealed subwoofer Dahlquist DQ-1w, 12". The subwoofer Dahlquist it is over there in the back from room, on photo where appears only the loudspeaker.

The other part of the crossover frequencies to send a DIY pure triode power amplifier made especially by myself in order to drive this kind of speakers. All technical characteristics of this power, mainly damping, were carefully designed and prepared to exploit the maximum yield of these compression drivers/horns-speaker.

The final result is a very clean sound, much balanced tone, very dynamic and with highest resolution.

Victório Benatti
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thread Information