Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ultimate JBL Home Theater

Seems to me that too many people are far too concerned with the badge on the front. I dont know mant people that evn use the surround modes on their amps. The only surround mode I use is 7 channel stereo just so the other speakers dont feel left out when I play music. One of my setups uses a Yamaha amp but only for the processing side. It is hooked up to a bunch of Perreaux power amps but only because the power section on the Yamaha aint big enough. When I have played this system to people, the only reaction that I get is "Holy F%$#"! Music or film. That is the only reaction that I need. It is pretty easy to fix a bad room with a bunch of heavy drapes. Your freinds wont care much if the left front is 4 degrees out of phase with the right. It seems to me that you like the sound of your L100's so go with it but you may prefer somthing with a bit more kit for the mains. L150's or L220's dont have a much bigger footprint and the do come up from time to time. You dont really need a sub with them either. The JBL studio monitors are worth a look as well but the occupy a lot of real estate. The JBL array series are worth a look. They create huge impact before you eevn turn them on!

Ajmernone has received plenty of input, given the lack of guidelines
    in the original request.

Hope the result was entertaining for someone

Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    Seems to me that too many people are far too concerned with the badge on the front.
    You mean like one with the initials JBL.

I agree with you that brands don't mean much... especially these days where so many products are simply commodities that a manufacturer will buy as an OEM device and have their own name put on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    When I have played this system to people, the only reaction that I get is "Holy F%$#"!
    I think that goes for pretty much everyone here.

We are not "normal" people and do not have "normal" systems. Thirty years ago even a typical college dorm had a number of high quality receivers and large Advents, KLHs, ARs, JBLs, Infinities, etc. etc... today "normal" homes are doing well if they have something better than a boom box, usually some Bose product. When those "normal" people come by one of our houses and hear the sounds that a high end or high quality vintage system can do they are always shocked.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Hope the result was entertaining for someone

Widget

Harmon Kardon Citation eleven amp (100 watts per channel)
    Just looking at your first post, you don't know what you've got, unless its a typo: The Citation Eleven is a pre-amp, not a power amp.
    Did you mean Citation II, which is a tube power amp?

Considering the size of the room, installing $50K worth of speakers and gear would be a total waste of cash, I wouldn't spend that kind of cash on gear in any room smaller than 18' x 25' and bigger would be better.

Thread Information