A few members that I've recently talked with had the impression that I am on vacation from projects and from the forum and JBL, but those who I talk with frequently know that this is not true. I haven't had anything significant to post, and I'm not one to spend time internet chatting when I could be working on my projects.

I tend to slow down in the winter as the garage it too damn cold to relax. Maybe I'll quit procrastinating and install a gas furnace before this next winter hits. Small electric heaters barely take the edge off the cold midwest winter days. Come spring I'm in full gear and I'll stay that way all the way thru fall.

I completed the restoration of the 4350's for Neandethal a couple months ago and since then I've restored 4343B's and 4344's that I found while in Japan, put my early 4350's back into service after some fine tuning and am soon to complete the restoration of a pair of 4350B's and 4315B's that have been sitting unattended for nearly a year. This will end my restorations for a while and I hope to get back to some new construction project.

The charge coupled network project is ongoing. Over the past few months I have received several pairs of 3107's and 3155's and have forwarded them on to their owners. Others are still on the bench and I'll hopefully see more coming soon. Giskard/4313B is putting time in on the project as he can and all in waiting (including me and I've been in since the beginning some 2 1/2 years ago) are anxious to see final results, but need to remember that it's a part time job for those involved getting a lower priority than job and family. It looks now that promises were made that were not possible to keep. This summer we should see a large number of networks completed so hang in there please. 3144/3145 networks are currently being built (6 pairs) and we will then go back and do the second batch of 3107's and 3155's.

My communications on this project have not been the best but as I said before, If I don't have anything to say, you won't see me chatting on the forum. For those who have been waiting impatiently, you know I've kept in touch - from here in the U.S. to Europe and I have a rather hefty ongoing phone bill to show for it. The first pair of 3144/3145 networks should be done early next week and we're hoping for good reviews.

I know a little but I don't know too many!!!!

Rick