Thread: Horn lens for JBL L300 needed. Ideas?

jpchleapas

Horn lens for JBL L300 needed. Ideas?

Guys I was lucky enough to buy a nice pair of JBL L300 Summit speakers about 3.5 years ago. I got them from the former bass player from the 70's band Duke and the Drivers. At the time I got them they were both missing the black plastic horn lens. I just moved and somehow one of the replacement ones I bought on ebay was lost. My former landlord's wife threw him out so he wanted my apartment so he paid for me to move to my new apartment. He moved me with his helper. Somehow in my 7 mile move the one horn lens was lost. Can anyone suggest a replacment? I am wondering if a small wood salad bowl that Bruce Edgar sells would work ok? I smile each time I listen to how good these "old" speakers sound with my tube amps. I would appreciate any ideas guys and gals.. Thanks! John Chleapas, Framingham, MA.

Re: Horn lens for JBL L300 needed. Ideas?

Originally posted by jpchleapas
    .............. Can anyone suggest a replacment? ............. John Chleapas, Framingham, MA.
    Hi John, welcome newbee,

perhaps I can help you with an information.....

write a PM to Mike Caldwell (www. vintageaudiosales.com). He's a nice forum member and as I know, he has some 2308 lens for sale.

regards

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Thread Information