Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd LHS Forum Meeting - Deutschland

3rd LHS Forum Meeting - Deutschland

Here we go again for all of you JBL fanatics in Germany. I talked at length with HP during his visit here a few weeks ago and again on the phone today and it's a plan - the 3rd LHS Meeting in Germany. The location is somewhere in Hamburg and the date is Montag July 28th - not the best choice for days but I don't get to Hamburg until sometime Sunday and HP it thinking he cannot come until Monday.

We have yet to decide on the exact location but the thought of a good restaurant/bier garten on the water front seems to sound inviting. We may also receive some suggestions from those members familiar with the Hamburg area.

This is a good opportunity for all who missed the last two meetings to join in the fun we all had before. We also have the opportunity to make the attendance higher than before since there are a few NRW members that are close to Hamburg. We'll miss the atmosphere of HP's Blues Garage but I'm sure we can have a good time.

I'm in the process of contacting all who have attended in the past and hopefully all who were unable for varoius reasons. Hamburg is a short drive from Denmark Jan so we're hoping to see you this time. Plese post your positive replies here on this thread and also any suggestions on location that will make this meeting a fun time.

HP is busy de-lagging his jets after his trip to the U.S. and trying to remember where he works so he can go back to work tomorrow. I'm sure he'll pop in here when he has time.

See you all in Hamburg on July 28th - Rick

He Rick, back to the "old europe"
    Do you already have a location in Hamburg?

brain problems

Quote Originally Posted by saeman View Post
    ......and trying to remember where he works so he can go back to work tomorrow. ... Rick
    Hi All,

after a long search, I found my working place and now I need to be educated again in my old job.

Had today a phone call from Schloerch (the Clausman) and he will try to contact Wolfgang in Hamburg for maybe his location.

Guido, what's with you? can we count on you? Fangio and Rich,,,the same?

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Hallo Rick,

thank you for your call for 3rd LHS Germany meeting!
    I would like to join. My proposal for the meeting is

Restaurant Fischerhaus
    St.Pauli Fischmarkt 14

http://www.restaurant-fischerhaus.de/home.html
    Menu card:
    http://www.restaurant-fischerhaus.de/spkausw.html
    Arrival:
    http://www.restaurant-fischerhaus.de/anf_n_a7.html
    http://www.restaurant-fischerhaus.de/anf_s_a7.html

Hi Peter:

Glad that you will make it this time. Thanks for the nice pic and I'm sure it's a great place - what a view!! I could sit there all day and watch marine traffic, talk and drink bier - but someone may have to help me to the car come time to leave.

Any place will be fine with me since this is my first visit to Hamburg. I will leave the location decision to all of the Hamburgians who for sure will find a great place.

I've spoken with Fangio but no decision from him yet - we'll need to lean on him a bit. Still hoping to hear from Sir Richard (richluvsound) in London and Jan in Denmark. Paragon and Hansjuergen have replied that they will try to attend. The potential turnout is already starting to look good.

I hope that our Monday schedule will not prevent some from attending. Everyone here in the U.S. knows that Europeans have more vacation time and free days than they can use - right????? With this in mind we're hoping that everyone can sneak in an extra day off and make it to the event.

More later as we get replies and take a head count.

Rick

3rd Germany meeting

....all of the Hamburgians ....
    Rick
    Hi All,

I thought it is called "Hamburger".....I learned this in the USA....

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Fischerhaus is good!

I do not know yet if I can make it this time
    Will see the next days.

LHS in Hamburg

Hi Rick

It was good of you to keep me in mind.

I will be joining you at St. Pauli Fischmarkt 14, or wherever we choose to meet.

Guido and I will in a couple of days be making a substantial contribution to the DIY section -- I will let you know when the birds in Guido's garden are no longer detaining him (to be explained shortly).

Hamburg is only 340 km from Copenhagen:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice to hear from you Jan and even nicer that you will make the meeting. Things are starting to shape up and I'm confident that the turnout will be great. Our first meeting had 7 attendees and our second had 6. To this date here's the tally:

me - saeman - yes
    HP - hofmannhp - yes
    Claus - schloerch - yes
    Jan - yes
    Peter Hoerninger - yes
    Wolfgang - Hamburg, forum name ??? - yes

Eckhard - says he will try

Hansjuergen - says he will try

Guido - is checking his schedule, made the last two, bring Irish whiskey with you, Ha Ha!

Rolf - checking his schedule

Fangio - no reply yet but he has made the last two

Peter - nrwjbl - contacted, awaiting reply

Richard - richluvsound - contacted, awaiting reply

As you can see, this could be the biggest turnout to date.

More later as updates come in.

3rd meeting in Germany

Here we go again for all of you JBL fanatics in Germany...
    See you all in Hamburg on July 28th - Rick
    Hi Rick,

thanks for your special mail information. I regret I missed last two LHS meetings but this time I think I can arrange it taking part. I'm looking forward meeting you and the "gang" in Hamburg.

The chosen restaurant is fine and Hamburg is worth a visit anyway.
    If someone should need a hotel to stay I recommend Hotel Hafen Hamburg where I stayed several times, its a nice privat hotel with a wonderful view to the harbour (Landungsbrücken). Its very close (walking distance) to Restaurant Fisherhaus.

http://www.hotel-hafen-hamburg.de/default.aspx

What time about we meet on July 28th and is the location still fixed ?

hope to meet you
    best regards
    peter
    JBL Paragon
    JBL 4435

Reservation

Reservation is adviced to get a good place.

The Fischerhaus has moderate prices and it has a good reputation for decades.
    Their website gives good information for foreign guests.
    You can reach the "touristic harbour" by foot.

You can explore the freeport by boat or car.

You can reach other places by foot such as the "Reeperbahn" and other pubs.

Great pictures!!!! I can see now that 2 1/2 days in Hamburg is clearly not enough.

Attendance is growing as I just heard a yes from Peter Bronak nrwjbl.

We're at 7 with me, hp, Claus, Peter H., Wolfgang, Peter B.,Jan Daugaard. and we have several other good possibilities. I forgot about Peter Becker so I will send him a PM today. If we get the guys who have attended before (Fangio, Guido, Eckhard, Rich and Hansjuergen) we will be at 12. Rolf in Norway is a possibility too. Is 15 possible?

Who am I missing ??? input please.

Rick

I spoke to Fangio yesterday and he will come from Berlin for the meeting. That put the count at 8. He also spoke to Paragon and it looks good that he too will make it. Wolfgang has contacted Peter Becker and we will await his reply. A little over 4 weeks away we now have a nice count. Let's hope we can maybe get 4 or 5 more guys.

I'm looking forward to meeting the new attendees beyond those I met at previous get togethers. Peter Hoerninger and I are long over due for meeting and having a long talk.

Hi folks.

Looking for a flight from Sandefjord to Hamburg at a reasonable price. No luck so far. I really don't feel driving 300km (600 km to and back) to Gardemoen and take a flight there to Hamburg. Torp airport in Sandefjord is only 50km.

I am checking what I can find out. There is a flight from Torp to Frankfurt, but I guess there is many km from Frankfurt to Hamburg?

Rolf:

Hope you find a flight. We are at 8 (plus 2 wives) and counting. Still hoping for Eckhard, Hansjuergen, Guido and Peter Becker. Sounds like Richard in London is wrapped up in work so he's likely to be absent this time. I wonder if any of the UK members might want to make the trip over. Members in France seem to be quiet but they're not too far away. Let's make this a convention instead of a meeting!!

Rick

Thread Information