Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The CL ad read.......JBL 4315

The CL ad read.......JBL 4315

And then it said.....for $120. And I said YES!

Well, I really thought I had lost these. They were on CL for about a week. I had tried contacting the seller several times for additional contact information. A day or two would pass before I heard from him and then his response would be something like, "Wolverines have shiny coats"...

I thought maybe this guy had skipped a few doses or something, but I persisted. Another message would come through like, "Don't trust Hondurans" ..or something equally as weird....

Finally last night about midnight, I get a message with a phone number and instructions to meet him at the Dunkin Donuts in Philly at 3 pm!

Of course I was taking a big chance because I was sure they must have let David Berkowitz out or something ,but it turns out that he was just a big practical joker. When I pulled into the place, his mini-van doors flung open revealing a not mint pair of JBL 4315's!

No harm.. new surrounds on these gal's and they be good to go!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

RIP 2009
    'Way to go!!!

John

Great score!
    Past practice indicates future behavior.

RIP 2009
    Be sure you find someone good to do the foam on those mids! It'd be worth shipping those drivers to someone to do it right. If they get screwed up, remember that recone kits are no longer available! It looks like the foam was recently done on the LF's - how are they?

Do you know if they're 4315A or 4315B models? If "A", the serial numbers should end in "A". The B models have the newer ferrite magnet speakers.

John

Amazing story -- has to be the score of the year. They look great!

Yeah. I'm really worried about the woofer/mid cones. These look good but what about the future? Are they available anywhere?

Any recommendations on speaker guy's for the surrounds near Maryland that you would trust?

These are the 4315A's by the way...

Well the bad news is the woofer kits are NLA. The mids were available but the cones were lighter than the originals but they should work in a 4315. I would go with Rick Cobb for the surrounds and I would be real careful who does them. If they screw them up especially on the woofers you have a real problem on your hands.

Nice Score

Rob

Regis
    A most excellent score! Once you get them up and running, you will love these speakers. Mech986 and I both have gotten great deals in the Los Angeles area and it's funny to see another pair. Seems like the 'wave' theory at work (everything comes in waves). You don't see any 4315's for sale forever and suddenly, three pairs that I know of, drop out in as many months. Very cool!

Yeah. I'm getting surrounds from Rick Cobb and will have Scavenger Sound (a local jbl reconer) do the work. Rick said I could probably do the surrounds myself, but frankly I don't want to even breathe on those 2203/2108's...

Quote Originally Posted by Regis View Post
    A most excellent score! Once you get them up and running, you will love these speakers. Mech986 and I both have gotten great deals in the Los Angeles area and it's funny to see another pair. Seems like the 'wave' theory at work (everything comes in waves). You don't see any 4315's for sale forever and suddenly, three pairs that I know of, drop out in as many months. Very cool!
    Ditto what he said. Although perhaps not as rare as the 434x series, it sure does seem like a crop of 4315A's have popped out. Congrats on your score and let's see them when they're done!

Regards,

Bart
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

PS: what color are the grilles? The lighting doesn't help distinguish whether they are black (like from utility cabinets) or JBL dark blue?

Bart
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

They do look black in the photo's but they are in fact a very dark blue. The seller claimed they were original. By the way, I asked him where he
    found these and he told me " a garage sale". If I paid $120, I can only imagine what he got them for..

Quote Originally Posted by Balderdash1 View Post
    They do look black in the photo's but they are in fact a very dark blue. The seller claimed they were original. By the way, I asked him where he
    found these and he told me " a garage sale". If I paid $120, I can only imagine what he got them for..
    Sounds like an awesome deal, congrats!!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Time for another MD local listening party!!! hope you don't mind company

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

A mint pair of 4315's

I've got a pair of mint 4315's (even the original packing). I lent an engineer that I know a couple of hundred bucks and took the 4315's as security. That was three years ago and I havn't seen nor heard from him since. Anybody know what they might be worth? I'll post some pics.

Thread Information