Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Biamped L250ti Jubilee Clone

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Thanks cosmos.

Yes there is. It was straight forward once the angles were figured out. You have a tremendous advantage of having stock boxes to copy.

For one thing my round-overs are probably too small. I only have a 1/4 router so the max I could get was a 1/2 " round over. I am thinking it should be a 5/8 or 3/4. Need a real 1/2 shaft router for that size bits.

When I made up the Bezels I used different layered materials. That bit me in the butt. It made them more difficult to shape when doing the angle cutting and made final sanding much more difficult. I ended up having 3 materials, the MDF, Masonite and filler all sanding at a different rates due to material hardness. It had to be carefully hand sanded.

Don't use different materials when you do the stacks to make the bezels. In hind-site I should have thought of it but I didn't.

Same issue cutting the 45 degree angle into the bezel. Needed a larger 1/2 shank router to swing an larger bit to make a deeper cut. Would have made finishing on the cabinet much easier.

Other than that I had a good drawing set and help from people here when I asked. I had a lot of fun doing it as well. Actually those cabinets are not complete. They need backs and proper cubbys for the crossover, additional bracing and eventually any open spaces will be foam filled to help get them as vibration free and possible. They will be gutted as soon as the weather permits to drag the table saw out. I still have the bottoms to build. Looking at the open backs, what a mess!!

Rob
    They look great. Thanks for the tips.

I do think I will do a modular approach as well, although I hate to loose the extra cubic feet in the top of the cabinets. Also, I plan to change the tuning to extend the bass a little and lower the hump at 50 - 60 Hz or so..

They are ultimately a remarkable speaker. Congrats!

I would like to ask what ever happened to these speakers?

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Hello Mark

They are still here. Once I built the Berylium based Array 1400 clones they took a back seat so to speak. It's been a while since I had them up and running. I still have my XPL clones as well so the plan is to get them set up again. I wanted to use a pair of LE-14-3 as the bottoms but all I have available are 121A's which actually are quite nice. One of these days they will be making music again just have to get it done.

I am taking a break after 10+ years of doing this. A little burnt if you know what I mean, needed a break. Winter has been cold as hell too, doesn't help when all your wood cutting is done outside and everything is covered with snow and ice.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Not to be snarky - but didn't Sandy do a dance over your place as well?
    Kinda thought you were one of the lucky ones from that storm ...

Hello Mark

They are still here. Once I built the Berylium based Array 1400 clones they took a back seat so to speak. It's been a while since I had them up and running. I still have my XPL clones as well so the plan is to get them set up again. I wanted to use a pair of LE-14-3 as the bottoms but all I have available are 121A's which actually are quite nice. One of these days they will be making music again just have to get it done.

I am taking a break after 10+ years of doing this. A little burnt if you know what I mean, needed a break. Winter has been cold as hell too, doesn't help when all your wood cutting is done outside and everything is covered with snow and ice.

Rob
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Hello Heather

Yes it did and yes I was. I didn't even loose power. Just had a tree topped, ended up in my pool, and had minor damage to my home. Not sure why you brought up Sandy. Snarky??

Rob

Hello Heather

Yes it did and yes I was. I didn't even loose power. Just had a tree topped, ended up in my pool, and had minor damage to my home. Not sure why you brought up Sandy. Snarky??

Rob
    Thought you were in the midst of that area - Good to hear it wasn't anything significant.
    It was the thought that you might have been busy away from speakers and such
    - life intrudes, as it were ... Not to be snarky at all ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Keep me in mind if decide you have too many other projects to deal with. Don't need no stinking woofers

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Hello Mark

Rob

+1 on the Arrays

Since I built my array Mg clones, I am even selling my 250's and all of my vintage JBL's because I just don't listen to them.
    Always fun learning more.......

Hello Heather

I didn't think it was snarky at all just didn't make the connection. After doing this every day for over 12 years I am burnt. Geez I have a killer set of componenets to build another system I have just been sitting on for months. Just can't seem to get the motivation going. All in good time I have walked away before and eventually came back.

Hello Mark

I will keep you in mind if I decide to sell or part them out.

Hello Junior JBL

They are a tuff act to follow. That said I purchased a set of Revel Performa F206's that I have biamped through my preamp with a PS1400 sub. I have this up in my livingroom and I must say I am very happy with them. For the money WOW. They really do sound nice.

Rob

Thanks for the reply Rob!!

I am with you on the Revel's. They do sound nice. I also understand the pile o' gear just waiting!!
    Always fun learning more.......

I can populate them no problem, good way to use my spare drivers after all these years of holding on to them

Mark

ps and I want a snarky discount lol

Place holder bringing them back on line again.

So I don't have to find the thread again!

Rob

Thread Information