Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
Thanks cosmos.

Yes there is. It was straight forward once the angles were figured out. You have a tremendous advantage of having stock boxes to copy.

For one thing my round-overs are probably too small. I only have a 1/4 router so the max I could get was a 1/2 " round over. I am thinking it should be a 5/8 or 3/4. Need a real 1/2 shaft router for that size bits.

When I made up the Bezels I used different layered materials. That bit me in the butt. It made them more difficult to shape when doing the angle cutting and made final sanding much more difficult. I ended up having 3 materials, the MDF, Masonite and filler all sanding at a different rates due to material hardness. It had to be carefully hand sanded.

Don't use different materials when you do the stacks to make the bezels. In hind-site I should have thought of it but I didn't.

Same issue cutting the 45 degree angle into the bezel. Needed a larger 1/2 shank router to swing an larger bit to make a deeper cut. Would have made finishing on the cabinet much easier.

Other than that I had a good drawing set and help from people here when I asked. I had a lot of fun doing it as well. Actually those cabinets are not complete. They need backs and proper cubbys for the crossover, additional bracing and eventually any open spaces will be foam filled to help get them as vibration free and possible. They will be gutted as soon as the weather permits to drag the table saw out. I still have the bottoms to build. Looking at the open backs, what a mess!!

Rob
They look great. Thanks for the tips.

I do think I will do a modular approach as well, although I hate to loose the extra cubic feet in the top of the cabinets. Also, I plan to change the tuning to extend the bass a little and lower the hump at 50 - 60 Hz or so..

They are ultimately a remarkable speaker. Congrats!