Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4350's in the house, need help!!!

4350's in the house, need help!!!

first, my wife said nothing, but i can see it in her eyes...lol..
    second, big and heavy..
    third, i got the electronics, but do not know how to plug and play. the speakers have no x-overs built in. what i got are 2 UREI model 539 room eq's both w/ inputs and outputs. a JBL dividing network model 5234 with ch. 1 & 2 inputs, ch. 1 lo and high out, same for ch. 2. the wires were clipped, but JBL highs out ch.1/2 match inputs on urei eq's. urei have a set of rca l/r on outputs, do these go to the amp? next, jbl has lo output R/L, where do these go? so output R/L form pre amp go to input R/L of 5234. one more thing, the speaker cables coming out of the enclosures have a total of 7 wires divided into 2 groups. 1 has white, black and white w/ black band. 2 has red,orange,green, and blue. do i attach these into L/R rca to the back of the amp? i have 2, 400 wpc monoblock amps for the low end, and 1 i could use for both speakers high end. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards

nogo

without the factory wiring harness / crossover assembly you are dead in the water.

Those are 4 way speakers and all you have is a single 2 way crossover ergo you would need at least 3 of them and it would be a mess to wire and EQ.

Take inventory of what you have and post pictures. Only *then* can the rebuilding begin. It's gonna be a fairly expensive undertaking..

sub

i will post pictures shortly, camera is recharging. i was told that other than the amps, all electronics were sent. that was how it was wired in the studio. it is sunday and they are closed. i sure was hoping to have a listen..

regards

All you need is a pair of NOS 3107 xovers or a custom pair of new CC 3107 xovers. Not that expensive at all.

ok, who has some for sale? so, do i just sell all that other stuff? really, i need help. my wife will have a cow, if she finds out these are not plug and play. i just passed it by, by saying it is an early fathers day gift.

regards

First thing is we need pictures.

here it goes.

regards
    Attached Images Attached Images      

GREAT NEWSSSSS!!!!!!!!! i removed one of the woofs and the x-over is inside!!! i will get the wires sorted out and plug into the back of the amp. i do not see a x-over switch, is this ok? i just thought i would share other pics.

regards

listen, i am still learning about setting up properly, but these sound so much better than my 4343's!!!!! got them running direct into the amp. if IGNORANCE IS BLISS, SO BE IT.... i am ecstatic right now!!!!WOOOOOO--HOOOOOOOOO.

best regards

DON'T STOP!!!!!!!

YOU'RE DOING GREAT!!!!!

Are you running the 4350 using only the internal crossovers?

Scott.
    One step above: "Two Tin Cans and a String!"
    Longtime Alaskan Low-Fi Guy - E=MC² ±3db

I believe those speakers are biamp only, using the crossover you found inside for the midbass/treble and the treble/tweeter frequency dividing, and the 5234 external, high level, to divide the frequencies between the woofers and the internal crossover. The cards in the 5234 say 4350 Lo, which probably refers to the low crossover point (about 290-300 Hz). The outputs from the 5234 would feed two separate power amps per channel, one connected through the input panel directly to the woofers and one going to the connection for the internal crossover. It looks to me as though you have everything you need as long as you have enough amps and have everything wired correctly (which is still a question, I think).

David

Here's a page from the tech manual

Rob

ok, i have things wrong. i am only using the internal x-over at this point. can i damage the LF drivers? i have the amps needed. they sound ok to me...please continue to help. pre amp output to the input of the jbl div. network?HF jbl output to the urei eq.input? and out of the eq to the top end HF amp? LF output of jbl network straight to a set of amps powering the LF?

would this be right? can i cont. to listen through the existing x-over? just for a bit longer...

regards

No, eq first if you're going to use them, but I wouldn't. Get your setup straightened out without them first, then add them if you want.

If you're just using the internal crossover, I don't know how you are using your woofers, unless they are paralleled in somehow.

Pre amp to 5234, high out to HF amp to internal crossover; 5234 lo out to low freq amp to woofers.

David

Thread Information